- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Three nights in Drake Bay the remote gateway to some of Costa Rica's premier wildlife destinations
- Corcovado National Park the 'most biologically intense place on Earth'
- Discover the wildlife and waterways of Tortuguero, an important nesting site for Green turtles (July Oct)
- Unrivalled wildlife viewing monkeys, sloths, dolphins & whales (in season)
From the wildlife rich waterways of Tortuguero to the dense jungle coastline of the Osa Peninsula, an area labelled by National Geographic as 'the most biologically intense place on Earth', Costa Rica reveals its secrets: Scarlet macaws rule the roost adding brilliant flashes of red, blue and gold to the foliage; Humpback whales breed in the waters off-shore, and sloths lazily crawl along cecropia branches.
Start San Jose.
To Tortuguero N.P.
Boat tour around Tortuguero waterways.
To Cahuita; relax on the Caribbean coast.
Wildlife walk in Cahuita N.P.
Free day in Cahuita
Walk in La Marta Wildlife Refuge; to Turrialba Valley.
To Savegre Cloud Forest.
Free day to discover walking trails in Savegre.
To Sierpe; boat to Drake Bay on the Osa Peninsula.
Boat trip to Caño Island.
Boat trip to Corcovado N.P.; discover the park on foot.
Mangrove boat trip; to Sierpe; to San Jose.
Visit the Irazu Volcano National Park and the Orosi Valley for a coffee tour
Day 15: End San Jose.
- 14 nights comfortable hotels and lodges , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches and 7 dinners
- Travel by minibus and boat
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Green turtle nesting season: July to October
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica's Coastal Secrets tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 152+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica's Coastal Secrets tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 435 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 28 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica's Coastal Secrets tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica's Coastal Secrets tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.