- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-37796
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Look across the active crater of Poás Volcano.
- Learn about coffee production and support a local community.
- Go ziplining above the cloud forest canopy in Monteverde.
- Take advantage of free time to enjoy the hostels and choose from optional activities
Hey, bucket list: prepare to get shorter, because this six-day trip through Costa Rica’s interior is jam packed with once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Staying in amazing hostels as you go, you’ll kick things off by catching views of the Poás Volcano’s massive crater en route to the outdoor adventure capital of La Fortuna. Hop on a boat and cruise across Lake Arenal on the way to Monteverde for some zip-lining above the cloud forest and whatever other optional activities get your adventure senses tingling.
Day 1: San José
Day 2: San José/La Fortuna
Day 3: La Fortuna
Day 4: La Fortuna/Monteverde
Day 5: Monteverde
Day 6: Monteverde
- Hostels (5nts).
5 breakfasts, 1 lunch
Note: Allow USD160-210 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, boat.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative Tour
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Visit to Poás Volcano
- Tortilla-making lesson and typical lunch at Mi Cafecito community project
- Zip-lining in Monteverde
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to San Jose and from Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Preserve are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica: Volcanoes, Cloud Forests & Zip-Lines tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 16+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica: Volcanoes, Cloud Forests & Zip-Lines tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 October 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 October 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica: Volcanoes, Cloud Forests & Zip-Lines tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica: Volcanoes, Cloud Forests & Zip-Lines tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 18 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.