Costa Rica Tortuguero Adventure
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Bicycle tour
- Active and outdoor
- National parks
- Young Adults
- duration 9 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18-95 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-38079
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
Day 1: Arrive in San José, welcome!
Day 2: Explore Tortuguero National Park
Day 3: Hike Tortuguero and visit the Sea Turtle Conservancy Center
Day 4: Paddle the world-class rapids of the Pacuare River
Day 5: White water rafting, and transfer to Puerto Viejo
Day 6: Explore Cahuita National Park
Day 7: Canopy Tour and Puerto Vargas Walk
Day 8: Wander the beach, explore Pierella Ecological Garden, back to San José
Day 9: Depart for home
- All accommodation is included. Accommodation is mainly in twin share rooms. Sometimes dorm accommodations are used which will be exclusive to your tour group.
- All transportation is included. Airport pickup (Up to 2 days before tour)
- An experienced guide throughout the trip.
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Tortuguero Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 203+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica Tortuguero Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 92 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 91 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 August 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 August 2023, a deposit of 500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 91 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Tortuguero Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Tortuguero Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Thorough hygiene practices and general health & safety measures has been implemented on this trip to protect against COVID-19.
- This tour requires all traveler over 12 to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Travelers under 12 will need to show a negative test result done within 72 hours before departure day.
How many days should I spend in Costa Rica?
A three- to five-day Costa Rica itinerary is more than enough to cover all the major highlights of the country. Anywhere between 10 days and two weeks in Costa Rica will give you enough time to explore and experience everything the country has to offer.
Are credit cards accepted in Costa Rica?
American Express, Visa, and MasterCard have commonly accepted forms of payment in Costa Rica, especially when paying for tours, shuttle services, hotels, attractions, and other services. However, it is always a good idea to carry some cash to pay for taxi rides, meals, and other minor transactions. You will also need cash when visiting remote locations.
Do I need to visa to travel to Costa Rica?
Not everyone wishing to visit Costa Rica requires a visa. Depending on your place of residency, nationality, and length of stay, the criteria may vary. Americans, for instance, can enter Costa Rica without a visa and are allowed to stay for up to 90 days. To confirm any entrance requirements, inquire with the relevant embassy ahead of time.
Do people in Costa Rica speak English?
English is common only in tourist-friendly places in Costa Rica. Otherwise, Spanish is the official and most widely spoken language in the country. Learning a few common Spanish words and phrases might be helpful while speaking with locals. The locals also speak Creole and a few Indian languages.
What is the best month to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is between December and April. The weather during the dry season is amazing enough to relax on the beach and trek through the forests. Those enthusiastic about exploring the lush rain forests and participating in water sports, May to November is the best time to visit Costa Rica.