- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge is home to monkeys, reptiles, toucans and macaws, while its waters contain turtles, barracudas, sea urchins and more than 125 species of fish.
- Raft Costa Rica’s Pacuare River – an area ranked in the top five rivers of the world for whitewater rafting. You’ll tackle Class 3 and 4 rapids on an unforgettable river adventure.
- Catch some waves with a hiking and surfing expedition at Manzanillo beach. You’ll be away from the crowds and hanging ten in no time!
- Hop into kayaks and paddle through the waterways of Tortuguero National Parkin search of monkeys, sloths, caiman, jaguars and lizards.
Get a thrill in Central America on this 8-day active adventure through one of the world's greenest countries: Costa Rica. Cascade down the rapids of Pacuare Rivers, and later relax in a rainforest eco lodge. Take a surf lesson in the Caribbean waters near Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge. Relax along the Costa Rican coastline to the mellow beach refuge of Puerto Viejo and paddle through the waterways of Tortuguero National Park in search of monkeys, toucans and jaguars. Costa Rica is a country perfect for adventure seekers, and the ecstasies of this expedition are sure to impress even the most seasoned active traveller.
Rafting Pacuare River
Rafting Pacuare River / Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Surfing Manzanillo beach / Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Tortuguero National Park
Kayaking Tortuguero National Park
- 5 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Shared vehicle , Shared boat. Raft
- An expert tour leader
- Pacuare - 2hr. Pacuare River white water rafting - Class 3
- Pacuare - 2hr. Pacuare River white water rafting - Class 3 & 4
- Manzanillo - Beginner surf lesson or Independent surfboard rental
- Gandoca Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge - Leader-led walk (Entrance fee & Transport)
- Tortuguero - Canals kayak trip
- Tortuguero - National Park (Entrance Fee)
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica: Raft, Surf & Kayak tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 97 today.
- Earn US$ 64+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica: Raft, Surf & Kayak tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica: Raft, Surf & Kayak tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica: Raft, Surf & Kayak tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- As seen in the trip’s name, this is an active adventure. So, while this trip doesn't require a super high level of fitness, it’s essential to be at least moderately fit if you want to partake in all activities.
- Although our private vehicles do have air conditioning, it has to work pretty hard to keep a full group cool.
- Costa Rica is tropical, so expect a hot and humid climate and heavy rain depending on the season. Make sure you protect yourself from the sun &/or rain, wear comfortable, light clothing and stay hydrated - especially when out on walking tours.
- With so much to see and do, Costa Rica can sometimes be expensive. Expect to pay more than you would in mainland USA for a lot of things.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers