- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Channel your inner Tarzan as you soar through the jungle canopy on zip lines.
- Join a naturalist on a night walk through the cloud forest.
- Keeping your ears open for the symphony of hooting owls.
- Croaking frogs.
Blanketed in pristine rainforest, lined by golden sands, and brimming with curious-looking creatures, Costa Rica is the ultimate family playground. Explore inland jungles and volcanic wonders in every way possible: soaring on a zip line, riding on horseback, and hiking misty trails. Then head for the Gold Coast on the Pacific Ocean for some sun, surf, and adventures out at sea.
Day 1: San José
Day 2: San José/Monteverde
Day 3: Monteverde
Day 4: Monteverde/Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park
Day 5: Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park
Day 6: Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park/Playa Potrero
Day 7: Playa Potrero
Day 8: Playa Potrero/San José
Day 9: San José
- Hotels (8 nts)
8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD270-355 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, boat, horse, walking
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Life Monteverde Community Lunch, Tour, and Cooking Class, Monteverde
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Monteverde Institute Lecture & Reforestation Project, Monteverde
- Your G for Good Moment: Life Monteverde Experience, Monteverde
- Arrival transfer
- Naturalist guided cloud forest night walk
- Canyon canopy tour in Rincón de la Vieja National Park
- Rio Negro Hot Springs and volcanic mud bath
- Horseback riding and guided hike in Rincón de la Vieja National Park
- Palo Verde National Park guided boat tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from San José are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Family Journey: From Rainforest to Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 100 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 66 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 21 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Family Journey: From Rainforest to Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Family Journey: From Rainforest to Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic Family JourneysTrips for adventure-loving families in search of a meaningful way to discover the world together.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.