- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Travel from the Caribbean to the Pacific coast
- Day walks to waterfalls through diverse scenery
- National parks, forests and volcanoes
- Comfortable ecofriendly lodges and hotels
Follow handpicked walking trails in search of wildlife, waterfalls and outstanding views. From emerald rainforests, smouldering volcanoes and tropical savannah, to steam-fed springs and bubbling mud pools, vibrant Costa Rica is a destination that always delivers. Country tracks or forest trails lead us to a number of waterfalls, where mineral rich water provides the perfect refresher after a day's walking.
Day 1: Start San Jose.
Day 2: To Tortuguero N.P.; short coastal walk.
Day 3: Boat tour of Tortuguero; kayak the waterways.
Day 4: Fly to San Jose. El Toro Waterfall walk; to La Fortuna near Arenal Volcano.
Day 5: Platanar Volcano hike; optional visit to Ecotermales Hot Springs
Day 6: Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall walks; to Tenorio.
Day 7: Walk along Rio Celeste in Tenorio Volcano National Park.
Day 8: Walk from Miravalles Volcano to Aguas Claras with views of Rincon de la Vieja
Day 9: Follow walking trails to the 'cauldrons' and waterfall in Rincon de la Vieja
Day 10: Hike on trails surrounding Hacienda Guachipelin; to Samara beach on the
Day 11: Free day to enjoy Samara beach or sign up for an optional activity.
Day 12: Free morning at Samara; to San Jose.
Day 13: End San Jose.
- 12 nights in comfortable hotels and eco-lodges, All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners included
- All transport and listed activities
- 3 daywalks and 5 shorter walks
- Altitude maximum 2,183m, average 230m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Coast to Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 140 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 15 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Coast to Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Coast to Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.