- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Travel from the Caribbean to the Pacific coastDay walks to waterfalls through diverse sceneryNational parks, forests and volcanoesComfortable ecofriendly lodges and hotels
Follow handpicked walking trails in search of wildlife, waterfalls and outstanding views. From emerald rainforests, smouldering volcanoes and tropical savannah, to steam-fed springs and bubbling mud pools, vibrant Costa Rica is a destination that always delivers. Country tracks or forest trails lead us to a number of waterfalls, where mineral rich water provides the perfect refresher after a day's walking.
Day 1: Start San Jose.
Day 2: To Tortuguero N.P.; short coastal walk.
Day 3: Boat tour of Tortuguero; kayak the waterways.
Day 4: Fly to San Jose. El Toro Waterfall walk; to La Fortuna near Arenal Volcano.
Day 5: Platanar Volcano hike; optional visit to Ecotermales Hot Springs
Day 6: Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall walks; to Tenorio.
Day 7: Walk along Rio Celeste in Tenorio Volcano National Park.
Day 8: Walk from Miravalles Volcano to Aguas Claras with views of Rincon de la Vieja
Day 9: Follow walking trails to the 'cauldrons' and waterfall in Rincon de la Vieja
Day 10: Hike on trails surrounding Hacienda Guachipelin; to Carrillo beach on the
Day 11: Free day to enjoy Carrillo beach or sign up for an optional activity.
Day 12: Free morning at Carrillo; to San Jose.
Day 13: End San Jose.
- 3 daywalks and 5 shorter walks Altitude maximum 2,183m, average 230m12 nights in comfortable hotels and eco-lodges ,All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners includedAll accommodationAll transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Coast to Coast tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 240 today.
- Earn US$ 160+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica Coast to Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Coast to Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Coast to Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.