- Bicycle tour
- Kayaking and canoeing
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 14+ years old
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cross Costa Rica using your own power: cycle, hike and kayak
- Mountain bike and trek up and over the Continental Divide
- Whitewater raft down the Pacuare River
- Paddle a river until it ends on a Caribbean beach
The route traverses mountain villages, coffee and sugar plantations, riverside communities and small villages remote from pavement and traffic. Cross the Continental Divide and descend into virgin forests, camping and cooking under the stars.
Classified as HARD on our scale of difficulty, but the main requirement is a sense of adventure and a good dose of stamina.
Are you ready to join us?
Every moment was well done, right from the start with Juan Carlos picking us from the airport to the day he said goodbye. Juan Carlos is an amazing and knowledgeable man.
This can also be said for the other crew you have working for you as well. Memo, the man that knows everyone is an amazing cook and support ( I hope his back stays strong), Julio the kayak safety guide will be a very good guide with his passion for the jungle, rivers, wildlife and people and the wild fruit he shared with us.
Juan Carlos is so friendly and helpful. He gave us so much information about the areas we visited, the people we meet along the way and the different plants and animals. The organization JC and Memo provided was 5 star.
Coast to Coast Adventures is an incredible company your planning, communication, safety and details are a true credit to you, Thank You.”
From the moment we were met at the San Jose airport it was a seamless, well organized trip.
For the next 12 days our guide Juan Carlos(JC), our driver Memo and the boys made us feel like family.
The entire trip was exhilarating.. a sensory experience and sensation .. from the activities each day...the food.. the local changing scenery.. the teams knowledge...and being in the most wonderful and varied locations each night.
The accommodation never disappointed me...the small tents.. then a lovely hotel room.
Santa Maria and then the hill climb the next day.
The Soda eateries.. Memo & JC food.And and and and and.. the list is too long to type.It was utterly beyond my expectations.
Please say thanks to the team. As we sit in Santa Teresa surfing we recommend this trip daily to others.
Keep this adventure going and I would repeat it any day if I ever get another opportunity .”
Day 1: Arrival in Costa Rica – San Jose
Day 2: Quepos / warm up day – Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 3: Naranjillo – Biking 19km + Trekking 14km
Day 4: Santa Maria – Pacific slopes Trekking 12km + Biking 14k
Day 5: Orosi – Up and over the Continental Divide – Biking 49k
Day 6: Tapanti National Park - Biking 9k + Trekking 15k
Day 7: Pacuare River – Biking 43km + Rafting 10km
Day 8: Pacuare Valley – free day in the rainforest
Day 9: Pacuare River – Rafting 20km
Day 10: Caribbean coast – Biking 26km + Kayaking 12km
Day 11: Caribbean coast – Afternoon transfer back to San Jose
Day 12: Departure
- Airport transfers
- Meals where indicated
- Group equipment (bikes, rafts, camping gear, etc.)
- Support vehicle
- Experienced, bilingual & fun guides throughout the trip
- Sleeping pad rental
- Sleeping bag rental
- Extra night in San Jose
- International flight tickets
- Meals and activities not indicated
- Entrance fee to the National Parks
- Departure tax ($29 USD per person)
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.