- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3471
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Put your chef’s hat on and help prepare a traditional Caribbean dinner with a local family in their home in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca.
- Swim in clear ocean waters, stop in at shacks serving cold cerveza and kick back on sandy shores covered in starfish in the Bocas del Toro, where you spend three nights on Isla Colon.
- Head to the coffee plantations, waterfalls and caldera hot springs of Boquete – a highland town so beautiful you’ll hardly miss the beach at all!
- Go on a jungle walk at night with your expert trip leader in the rainforest district of Sarapiqui – look out for various snakes, sloths, and frogs.
- Get to know Panama City during a guided stroll along the Cinta Costera, right to the city’s salty belly – the Mercado de Mariscos (seafood market).
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Eden Reforestation Projects. Donations help them provide local employment opportunities and tackle climate change one tree at a time as they restore forests across 10 different countries.
- Show more
Get under the surface of Costa Rica and Panama with this 12-day Caribbean adventure. See it all, from jungles and beaches to local villages. From San Jose to Panama City, this laidback discovery will introduce you to some of the most beautiful spots in two Central American cultures, and then it’ll give you the freedom to explore however you want, at your own pace. You can't go wrong with your local leader to steer you in the right direction (to the best bars and surf breaks), plus a small group of adventurers to enjoy them with. Make a traditional dinner in a local’s home, look out for wildlife on a night jungle walk and soak in the local hotspots in areas seldom travelled.
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2: Sarapiqui
Day 3: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Day 4: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Day 5: Bocas del Toro / Isla Colon
Day 6: Bocas del Toro / Isla Colon
Day 7: Bocas del Toro / Isla Colon
Day 8: Boquete
Day 9: Boquete
Day 10: Panama City
Day 11: Panama City
Day 12: Panama City
- Hotel (10 nights), Lodge (1 night)
- 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Taxi , Shared boat
- An expert tour leader
- Sarapiqui – Night Jungle Walk
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca - Leader-led orientation walk
- Puerto Viejo - Hands-on dinner in local home
- Boquete - Leader-led orientation walk
- Leader - led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Panama City - Leader-led walk in Casco Viejo
- Panama City - Leader-led walk along part of the Cinta Costera (Causeway) including a visit to the Fish Market
- Any international flights to San Jose and from Panama City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica & Panama Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 50+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica & Panama Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica & Panama Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica & Panama Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip is made for travellers who value their independence but also want the benefit of a local leader and a group of like-minded travellers. The itinerary includes basic accommodation and has free time for activities when your leader will offer suggestions. Please budget spending money for optional activities you want to partake in.
- With so much to see and do, Costa Rica can sometimes be expensive. Expect to pay more than you would in other Central American countries for a lot of things.
- Public transport is better for the environment, and you’ll get an authentic look at daily life, but keep in mind that local transport between specific locations on this trip can be pretty basic.
- While the border crossing between Costa Rica and Panama is usually straightforward, sometimes it can take a while, so please prepare to be patient.
- Central America is tropical, so expect a hot and humid climate. Protect yourself from the sun, wear comfortable, light clothing and stay hydrated. Air conditioning may not always be available in your rooms. Occasionally, properties may require an additional charge for air conditioning.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.