- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Manuel Antonio: This picturesque national park is the smallest one in Costa Rica but it is full of wild animals, lush vegetation, and beautiful beaches.
Uncover Costa Rica during this eight-day exotic self-drive adventure. Beginning and ending in the capital, San Jose, this tour offers you the chance to discover different aspects of this emblematic destination. Spend precious time visiting the Manuel Antonio National Park, one of the most stunning conservation areas on the planet.
Day 1: Arrival San Jose / Car Pick-up
Day 2: San Jose – Arenal (129km – 4 Hrs)
Day 3: Arenal Volcano National Park
Day 4: Arenal – Manuel Antonio (240km – 6hrs)
Day 5: Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio – San Jose (177km – 4 Hrs)
Day 8: Departure San Jose / Car Drop-off
- 7 nights' accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts
- 8 days car rental pick-up/ drop-off at Juan Santamaria International Airport
- Unlimited mileage
- Meet & Greet
- Please note that this tour is a suggested itinerary. While the sites listed may be visited independently, the package does not cover any applicable entrance or tour fees
- Please consider that the driving times and distances are estimated and that they can vary because of many circumstances, such as the specific route is taken, hotel location, traffic, weather, road conditions, etc.
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Entrance fees for optional activities mentioned in the itinerary
- LDW & SLC (Loss damage waiver & Supplement Liability Coverage) this Coverage is obligatory and must be paid directly to Rent a Car
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received, there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 23+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica & Manuel Antonio 8 Days, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 September 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica & Manuel Antonio 8 Days, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica & Manuel Antonio 8 Days, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.