- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Paddle through worldclass rapids on the Pacuare River.
- Mountain bike in the shadow of Arenal Volcano.
- Chill out to the sounds of crashing Caribbean waves.
- Stand up on a surfboard in Puerto Viejo.
Trekking, biking, horseback riding, kayaking, ziplining. Costa Rica really is the "Adventure Capital of the Americas." Thrill-seekers will find more than enough to keep themselves busy over this trip’s 13 action-packed days. After landing in San José, embark on four days of exploration around Monteverde and Arenal Volcano. Raft down the mighty Pacuare River before crossing over to our remote rainforest lodge, surrounded on all sides by the thick, enveloping jungle. End the journey by heading down to the beach at Puerto Viejo. Phew! Tired yet? No? Time to book!
Day 1: San José
Day 2: San José/Monteverde
Day 3: Monteverde
Day 4: Monteverde/La Fortuna
Day 5: La Fortuna
Day 6: La Fortuna
Day 7: La Fortuna/Pacuare
Day 8: Pacuare
Day 9: Pacuare/Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Day 10: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Day 11: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Day 12: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca/San José
Day 13: San José
- Hotels (10 nts), jungle lodge (2 nts).
3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD460-600 for meals not included.
- Public bus, private vehicle, bicycle, boat, raft, hiking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: La Fortuna
- Your Hands-On Moment: Surfing Lesson, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Your Discover Moment: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Overnight Pacuare River rafting trip
- Guided hike (Pacuare River)
- Guided cycling excursion (La Fortuna)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Costa Rica Active Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 72 today.
- Save US$ 48+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Costa Rica Active Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Costa Rica Active Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Costa Rica Active Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.