- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- Connect with local hosts in a G Adventuressupported community guesthouse project.
- Laugh with the locals during a chicken bus journey.
- Bliss out on a remote stretch of Nicaraguan beach.
- Stroll through Antigua's colonial streets.
Take the road less travelled through Central America with other travellers your own age — so you can be sure to get down with other adventurers that’ll keep up. This is one of our most exciting trips, filled with breathtaking scenery — from tropical rainforests alive with jungle melodies to colonial cities bouncing to a decidedly more human beat. You'll blaze your own path as you discover a region of volcanoes, craters, beaches, and lush forests. Sticking to budget accommodation and public transport will keep costs down and keep you rooted in local life.
Day 1: San José
Day 2: San José/La Fortuna
Day 3: La Fortuna
Day 4: La Fortuna/Monteverde
Day 5: Monteverde
Day 6: Monteverde/Isla de Ometepe
Day 7: Isla de Ometepe
Day 8: Isla de Ometepe/Granada
Day 9: Granada
Day 10: Granada/Poneloya
Day 11: Poneloya
Day 12: Poneloya/Cerro Verde
Day 13: Cerro Verde
Day 14: Cerro Verde/Suchitoto
Day 15: Suchitoto/Copán
Day 16: Copán
Day 17: Copán/Antigua Guatemala
Day 18: Antigua Guatemala
- Simple hotels/hostels (13 nts, most multi-share), beach hostel (2 nts, multi-share), community guesthouse (2 nts).
2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD445-580 for meals not included.
- Public bus, boat, private vehicle, taxi, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Your G for Good Moment: Puesta del Sol Community Guesthouse Stay, Isla de Ometepe
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: La Fortuna
- Your Discover Moment: Monteverde
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Granada
- Your Discover Moment: Granada
- Orientation walk around Granada and Antigua
- Beach time in Poneloya
- Free time in La Fortuna, Monteverde, Ometepe, and Granada
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to San José and from Antigua Guatemala are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Back Roads of Central America: Craters & Community Guesthouses tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 66 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 44 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Back Roads of Central America: Craters & Community Guesthouses tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Back Roads of Central America: Craters & Community Guesthouses tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.