- Explore the amazing Arenal Volcano
- Hike through the mysterious Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Enjoy nature walks, spot wildlife and relax in natural hot springs
We will start in Arenal which is famous for its 7000 year old Volcano and the natural hot springs. In Arenal we will do nature walks, spot wildlife, explore hot springs and generally enjoy the amazing flora and fauna. It is truly an amazing area to visit.
After exploring Arenal and its volcano, we will transfer to Monteverde Cloud Forest. The transfer is going to be full of adventure as it will be a Jeep-Boat-Jeep ride! Monteverde is special because of the cloud forests where amazing canopy tours take place. Monteverde’s cloud forests are the byproduct of fog, a thick, low-hanging cloud, tangling amongst the leaves and branches of the forest canopy. We will among others enjoy a very nice hike here. Monteverde is full of adventure and the best place to end this trip!
Please do see the day-by-day itinerary for a detailed overview of this tour.
Day 1: Arrival to San Jose, Costa Rica
Day 2: Arenal Volcano National Park & Hot springs
Day 3: Transfer from Arenal to Monteverde with Jeep-Boat-Jeep
Day 4: Hiking in Monteverde
Day 5: All good things come to an end!
- 2 nights lodging in Arenal
- 2 nights lodging in Monteverde
- Nature park Arenal Volcano walk
- Entrance to the Hot Springs
- Hike with guide in Monteverde
- Daily breakfast
- 1 dinner
- Transportation between destinations
- Hotel Taxes
- Optional tours
- Departure taxes ($29 per person)
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Earn US$ 26+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.
Are credit cards accepted in Costa Rica?
American Express, Visa, and MasterCard have commonly accepted forms of payment in Costa Rica, especially when paying for tours, shuttle services, hotels, attractions, and other services. However, it is always a good idea to carry some cash to pay for taxi rides, meals, and other minor transactions. You will also need cash when visiting remote locations.
Do I need to visa to travel to Costa Rica?
Not everyone wishing to visit Costa Rica requires a visa. Depending on your place of residency, nationality, and length of stay, the criteria may vary. Americans, for instance, can enter Costa Rica without a visa and are allowed to stay for up to 90 days. To confirm any entrance requirements, inquire with the relevant embassy ahead of time.
Do people in Costa Rica speak English?
English is common only in tourist-friendly places in Costa Rica. Otherwise, Spanish is the official and most widely spoken language in the country. Learning a few common Spanish words and phrases might be helpful while speaking with locals. The locals also speak Creole and a few Indian languages.
What is the best month to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is between December and April. The weather during the dry season is amazing enough to relax on the beach and trek through the forests. Those enthusiastic about exploring the lush rain forests and participating in water sports, May to November is the best time to visit Costa Rica.
- How many days should I spend in Costa Rica?