- Local culture
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get your adrenaline pumping on this mixed activity trip whitewater rafting, canyoning, sea kayaking and ziplining included!
- Experience rainforest, volcanoes and coastline of this diverse ecological paradise
- Sea kayaking around Manuel Antonio's coastline and snorkel in the Pacific
- Optional visit to the thermal waters of Ecotermales Hot Springs near Arenal Volcano
From rumbling volcanoes to sweeping, sandy beaches, Costa Rica’s beauty is evident in every corner. On this action-packed adventure we try grade II, III and IV whitewater rafting on the Pacuare River, have a go at zip-lining in the forest and try canyoning and rappelling through spectacular waterfalls. Our adventure ends in the lush Manuel Antonio National Park, where we can appreciate the picture-perfect coastline on another kayak excursion before snorkelling in the Pacific.
Day 1: Start San Jose.
Day 2: Class II and III whitewater rafting expedition on the Pacuare River to Rio
Day 3: Class III and IV whitewater rafting expedition back from the Pacuare River;
Day 4: Hike in Arenal N.P.; visit La Fortuna Waterfall; optional visit to
Ecotermales Hot Springs.
Day 5: Morning canyoning adventure; afternoon rainforest zip-lining.
Day 6: To Manuel Antonio.
Day 7: Nature walk in Manuel Antonio N.P.; kayaking and snorkelling by the Pacific
Day 8: Free day to choose from optional activities such as horse-riding, catamaran
or mangrove boat tour.
Day 9: Return to San Jose; end
- 8 nights comfortable hotels and eco-lodges , All accommodation
- All breakfasts 4 lunches and 1 dinner
- Travel by air-conditioned minibus and raft
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 6 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Active Costa Rica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Active Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Active Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Active Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.