- Exploring the magnificent Piazza dei Miracoli in Pisa with the leaning tower and Cathedral
- Discovering Lucca, with its imposing city walls and a riddle of narrow streets and Vinci, the charming medieval town where Leonardo da Vinci was born
- Cycling along quiet country roads, cycle paths and tree lined avenues
- Indulging in delicious Tuscan culinary specialties
- Staying in charming agriturismos and hotels, perfect for families
Explore Tuscan gems on a specially crafted cycle trip for all ages. There are no steep Tuscan hills on this beautifully designed self guided cycle taking in some of Tuscany's most famous towns. Pedal effortlessly along the meandering Arno river cycle paths that take you from one classic Tuscan city to the next. From the leaning tower of Pisa to the elegant Piazza Anfiteatro in Lucca and the famous Duomo of Florence, there are no shortage of sites to engage the whole family. Delve further into the countryside to visit lesser known corners such as Calci, where a famous Natural History Museum is housed and Vinci, where Leonardo da Vinci was born. Cycle through a quintessential Tuscan landscape, taste the many local specialties and stay in three comfortable family run hotels generally with swimming pools and gardens, perfect for relaxing after the cycling day is over.
Day 1 : Arrive San Giuliano Terme (3.5km from Pisa centre)
Day 2 : Visit Pisa and loop cycle to visit a monastery (25km/15.5mi)
Day 3 : Follow the Serchio River to Lucca and nearby hotel (24km/15mi)
Day 4 : Pedal along the Serchio River cycle path (33 or 39.5km/20.5 or 24.5mi)
Day 5 : Cycle through Padule of Fucecchio nature reserve to Vinci (29 or 54km/18 or 33.5mi)
Day 6 : Visit Vinci with its interactive museums (8 or 15km/5 or 9.3mi)
Day 7 : Day trip by train to Florence
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights in 3 star hotels or Agriturismos on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 21 speed rental bike with one rear pannier, helmet, phone holder, repair kit, padlock and bike computer (one per room booked) - baby seats, childrens bikes, trailers, trail-a-bikes available on request (e-bikes available - supplement applies)
- 7 breakfasts - breakfasts are continental in style consisting of pastries/bread, coffee, tea and juice and depending on the hotel may also include cheese, meats and spreads, eggs, fruit and cereal
- Private transfer with bikes from Lucca to Altopascio on day 5
- Digital information pack including smartphone app with maps and route book
- Luggage transfer (max 1 piece, max weight 20kg and max size 60 x 50 x 40 cm per person). Supplement applies for excess
- Emergency hotline
- Private transfer with luggage on day 8 to Empoli train station
- Arrival transfer on day 1 to the first hotel just outside Pisa and onward transport from Empoli Train station on day 8
- Meals not listed as included, drinks
- Travel insurance
- Entrance Fees
- Guide - this is a self guided cycle trip
- A supplement will apply if you are travelling solo or book a single room
- Hotel taxes - allow EUR12.5 per person - these are payable directly to the hotel
- Excess luggage
- Transfers not listed as included
- Additional rear pannier - supplement applies - please request at the time of booking (note: panniers are not provided for childrens bikes)
- Items of a personal nature
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tuscany Cycle for Families tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 February 2024, a deposit of 188 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tuscany Cycle for Families tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tuscany Cycle for Families tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.