- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 15 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1-99 yrs
- guiding method Partially guided
- Tour Code BM-646
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Stops to explore Inspiration Point, Yosemite Valley, El Capitan Meadow and Valley View
- Giant Sequoia Grove (trail conditions permitting)
- Over 5 hours inside the Park
- Fully guided in English; audio guides in 8 languages for international guests
Your Yosemite and Giant Sequoias Tour begins with a convenient pickup in at your downtown hotel, then heads east out of San Francisco to Yosemite, crossing through California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley before climbing into the rocky Sierra Nevada mountains. Relax as you learn the colorful gold rush history of the region. The tour pauses half-way to Yosemite to stretch your legs and grab refreshments.
Soon after finishing the trip to Yosemite National Park from San Francisco, you will experience the quiet solitude of the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias. You will not doubt for a second that these Yosemite trees are the largest living creatures on the planet. No picture does them justice, but that should not keep you from trying!
In winter, when conditions on the Tuolumne Grove trail are snow-covered or unsafe, we substitute this experience with other attractions. See our Yosemite National Park Winter Tour from San Francisco.
Your heart will be racing as we head down into Yosemite Valley and make the next stop at Inspiration Point, a view of the valley made famous by Ansel Adams and hundreds of artists since. Take a moment and then some selfies with El Capitan, Half Dome, Sentinel Dome, Glacier Point, Cathedral Peak and Bridalveil Fall as your backdrop.
Once we reach the floor of Yosemite Valley, you will have a couple of hours of free time to grab a quick picnic lunch. Then, check out the Ansel Adams Gallery or the Yosemite Valley Wilderness Center in Yosemite Village. Both are great spots to pick up some souvenirs and gifts for friends back home.
Besides giant trees, Yosemite Valley is home to more than 400 types of species of mammals, birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians. In Spring, wildflowers blanket the valley floor. The Lower Yosemite Falls, Mist and Meadow Loop trailheads are all near to Yosemite Valley Lodge. Each is guaranteed to delight hikers of any age.
After re-boarding your tour vehicle, you day has more highlights. The tour makes a photo stop at El Capitan Meadow where you can get straight on view of the Yosemite icon, an impressive vantage point for Cathedral Rocks, and, if the season is right, Horsetail Fall which produces the famous “firefall” in late-February.
Your Yosemite experience ends on a high note at Valley View. This spot serves up a view along the banks of the Merced River framed by El Capitan and the imposing spires of Cathedral Rocks. This is a great spot for your “saying goodbye” selfie.
- Complimentary SF hotel pickup & drop off (from most hotels)
- Expert tour guide & live commentary in English
- Entry to Yosemite National Park
- Visit Giant Sequoias (trail conditions permitting)
- Maximum time in the Park
- See Half-Dome, El Capitan, Yosemite Falls and more
- Free Wi-Fi on vehicle
- Food & Drink
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
*Cancellations/changes to a booking between 3 and 30 days before tour departure – $35 fee; *Cancellations and changes less than 3 days before tour departure - No refundsOther Practical InformationAccess to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide. During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund. As tour sizes vary, transportation is in a 15passenger van or a 41passenger tour bus