- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover San Francisco on a fun city tour
- Feel dwarfed by the Worlds biggest trees the Sequoias
- Marvel at the largerthanlife views of Grand Canyon National Park
- Witness the soaring cliffs of Half Dome in Yosemite National Park
Explore the national parks of western USA including the Grand Canyon. It would be hard to improve on this spectacular itinerary combining visits and optional day walks in Arizona, California and Utah’s most spectacular National Parks with some optional walks into and around the Grand Canyon and time in the cities of San Francisco and Las Vegas. This is the best of Western USA visiting 4 States and 6 National Parks. During our 14 day trip we explore the trails of Yosemite to view immense glacier carved walls of soaring granite, such as Lembert Dome (2880m) and the famous Half Dome (2680m). We’ll ogle at the world’s biggest trees, the ancient Sequoias, before continuing to Mammoth with its hot springs. Following a short visit to Death Valley we journey deep into Utah and explore the ancient landscapes at Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon National Park, Zion National Park and view the deep blue waters of Lake Powell. This iconic trip is completed with two days at Grand Canyon National Park.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO OVERCROWDING IN THE NATIONAL PARKS PARKING IS AT TIMES IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND. IN THIS CASE THE TOUR DIRECTOR MAY DECIDE TO LEAVE THE GROUP AT THE ENTRANCE AND TRY TO FIND PARKING. IN THIS CASE SOME HIKES WOULD BE SELF GUIDED.
Day 1 : Arrival in San Francisco
Day 2 : Walking Tour of San Francisco
Day 3 : Golden Gate and Giant Sequoia Trees
Day 4 : Yosemite National Park
Day 5 : Hiking in Tuolumne Meadow, Bodie State Park and Mono Lake
Day 6 : Death Valley
Day 7 : To Grand Canyon
Day 8 : At the Grand Canyon
Day 9 : Monument Valley
Day 10 : Lake Powell
Day 11 : Bryce Canyon National Park
Day 12 : To Zion National Park
Day 13 : Zion National Park, to Las Vegas
Day 14 : In Las Vegas, trip concludes
- 11 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels with private facilities, 2 nights tent cabins
- 13 breakfasts, 12 picnic lunches
- Private transport
- Services of an experienced, multi-lingual driver-guide
- National park entry fees & sightseeing as specified
- Cost of laundry, soft drinks & alcoholic beverages
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Flights, airport taxes, and airport transfers
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Medical treatment
- Personal expenses
- Optional excursions
- Tour leader tip (approx USD7-10 per day)
- Half Dome hikes require a permit. Theses permits have to be reserved by the clients well in advance of their trip, via internet at www.recreation.gov. Guides cannot reserve these hikes in advance.
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 27 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Best of the West tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of the West tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.