- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Beach, romance, getaways and relaxation
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends San Diego, USA
- Discover the sunshine and scenery of the famed Coronado Island
- Marvel at the architecture of the Hotel del Coronado and other historic structural gems around town.
- Learn what drew aviators, innovators and artists to Coronado and how they’ve changed our lives
- Enjoy a delicious treat at our favorite local eatery
Get a taste for charming Coronado, just a ferry ride away from downtown San Diego! Stroll beautiful streets lined with cafés, and multi-million dollar homes, then dip your toes in the sandy beaches along the Pacific Ocean. Hear about the fascinating people who’ve called this island home. End your morning with a taste of the luxe life and a visit to the iconic Hotel del Coronado.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
A trip to Coronado feels like you’re leaving behind the mainland for a dose of island living, but it’s not your typical beach town. Part resort, part Naval Base, part luxury homes for the rich, Coronado is many things to many people.
After we meet on the mainland we’ll start our tour by taking a ferry ride over to Coronado. As we sail across the bay, you’ll get great photo ops of the downtown San Diego skyline and the Coronado Bridge. An active port, you never know what you’ll see sailing by.
(Please note that the ferry leaves at 10 am on the dot, so if you’re not at the meeting point at the designated start time, we will be forced to leave without you.)
Once we arrive at Coronado, we’ll hop aboard local transit and head down Orange Avenue, the main street in town named after the orange trees planted here in the late 19th century. After a short ride we’ll arrive the main part of town, lined with cafes, shops and restaurants, almost all locally-owned and operated.
Along the way we’ll learn about the first military flying school located on the island, where sailors first learned to fly. We’ll spy architectural gems, some of which employed the latest technology when built over a century ago. And you’ll hear what drew Charles Lindbergh, L. Frank Baum and Marilyn Monroe to this unique beach town. We’ll also pop into a local museum (subject to availability) to look at artifacts and photos that will bring these stories to life.
When hunger strikes we’ll make a quick stop for a snack at a local eatery. It could be something sweet or something savory – depending on our mood – but whichever way we go, we promise it will be locally made and delicious.
Refreshed, we’ll make our way to Coronado beach, one of the best in the country. On a clear day you can see all the way to Mexico! We’ll stroll by multi-million dollar homes that line Ocean Blvd and you’ll hear about the people who once lived there, including the residents of the historic Spreckels Mansion.
Our last stop will be at the world-famous, historic Hotel del Coronado. This icon is over 130 years old and is an American treasure, having hosted celebrities, dignitaries, and US presidents. We’ll take a tour around the grounds, finishing up just outside the spectacular Crown Room (home to a luxe Sunday brunch).
From here, you’re free to explore on your own. Your guide will make suggestions on what else to see and do, give you tips on where to eat and shop and let you know the times for the next shuttle or ferry.
If you’d prefer to travel as part of a regular group experience, please book our Coronado Bay and the Beach group tour
- Transportation costs during the tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entry into Historical Museum and one snack.
- Additional food or drinks
- souvenirs and personal items and gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Private San Diego: Coronado Bay and the Beach tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 April 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Private San Diego: Coronado Bay and the Beach tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Private San Diego: Coronado Bay and the Beach tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Entrance to Broadway Pier, 1000 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, 92101Meeting end point :
Hotel del Coronado, 1500 Orange Ave, CoronadoCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.