- duration 15 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Visit Spain’s Highest Mountain
- Cablecar up to 3550m
- Walk from Plantations to Pine Forests and Laurisilva Cloud Forest to Lava Fields.
- A Circular Island Walk
Year round walking opportunities exploring the mountains and coasts of Spain's most exotic islands. The exotic Spanish islands of Gomera and Tenerife are a year round walking destination. In Tenerife, the highest island in the Atlantic, you'll explore Mount Teide the third tallest volcano in the world. From the ancient university town of La Laguna, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the elegant resort of Puerto de la Cruz on the north coast, this self guided walk offers varied walks through the island's tiny villages, black sandy beaches and dry cactus strewn valleys. Travelling on to the volcanic island of Gomera you'll experience more dramatic scenery with its mountainous terrain unlike anywhere else in Europe. You will be walking virtually round the island, experiencing a variety of landscapes from rocky to cultivated terraces and banana plantations and into the rare laurisilva cloud forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. So rugged is the island that pre telephones, Gomerans developed a language of whistling to communicate from valley to valley.
Day 1 : Arrive San Cristobal de La Laguna 560m altitude
Day 2 : Forest and Coastal walk via Chinamada. Distance 9.7 km/6 miles, 4.5- 5 h
Day 3 : Walk Santa Ursula to La Caldera, bus to Puerto de la Cruz, 19 km/12 miles, 5.5 h
Day 4 : Optional coastal walk - Overnight in Puerto de la Cruz
Day 5 : The Seven Cañadas walk - 18 km/11.2 miles, 6 h. Overnight Parador Hotel
Day 6 : El Teide Adventure Part two, return to Puerto de la Cruz
Day 7 : The Teno Mountains 10 km /6.2 miles, 3.5 h
Day 8 : Ferry to San Sebastian, La Gomera
Day 9 : Transfer to Agulo, walk to Vallehermoso approx 16 km/10 miles, 6 h
Day 10 : Vallehermoso to Chipude 14 km/8.7 miles, 5 h
Day 11 : Visit to Valle Gran Rey approx 12 km/7.45 miles, 4 h
Day 12 : Chipude to Playa de Santiago 15 km/9.3 miles, 5 h
Day 13 : Explore and relax in Santiago
Day 14 : Return to San Sebastian 18 km/11 miles, 5.5 h
Day 15 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 14 nights accommodation in hotels and guesthouses on a twin share basis
- Luggage transfer (except day 3 as you have to pay this directly to your hotelier approx Euros 70-75)
- Information pack including route notes & maps (1 pack per room booked)
- 14 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Return ferry from Los Cristianos to San Sabastian
- Emergency hotline
- 11 dinners, all lunches (unless specified) & beverages
- Taxi transfers from and back to airports or elsewhere within Tenerife & La Gomera
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 115 today.
- Save US$ 76+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in the Canaries tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in the Canaries tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in the Canaries tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.