- Overland Journeys
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Sample the street food of Salvador
- Visit 'small Lisbon' the beautiful town of Olinda
- Relax on the pink sand dunes of Canoa Quebrada
- Wander around the sandy streets of Jericoacoara
There is a corner of Brazil that is forgotten by all but the most knowledgeable travellers. In the top right of Brazil; we travel from Salvador to Belem and along the Amazon River. This wonderful journey allows you to unlock all the hidden gems of the area and to do so slowly, so that you really get to grips with the region. We will spend three days exploring the stunning lagoons and dunes of Lencois Maranhenses National Park and then have a couple of nights to chill on the beautiful beaches of Jericoacoara.
We will explore the cobbled streets of the Sao Luis, one of Brazil's lesser known UNESCO world heritage sites and visit Belem, the most important port on the Amazon, with its great markets and museums. This is the city that became the gateway to the Amazon and the interior. But for most the highlight of this journey is the incomparable city of Salvador de Bahia with its amazing zest for life.
Day 1: Belem
Day 2: Belem
Day 3: Sao Luis
Day 4: Sao Luis
Day 5: Barreirinhas
Day 6: Barreirinhas
Day 7: Barreirinhas
Day 8: Jericoacoara
Day 9: Jericoacoara
Day 10: Canoa Quebrada
Day 11: Canoa Quebrada
Day 12: Praia da Pipa
Day 13: Olinda
Day 14: Olinda
Day 15: Aracaju
Day 16: Salvador
Day 17: Salvador
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Private Bus, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Comfortable Hotel 10 nights
- Basic Hotel 4 nights
- Camping 1 night
- 15 Breakfasts
- 0 Lunches
- 0 Dinner
- Any international flights to Salvador and from Belém are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Brazilian Coastal Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Brazilian Coastal Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 September 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Brazilian Coastal Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Brazilian Coastal Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.