- Enjoy the atmosphere of the 18th century palace
- Broaden your horizons about Russian history and the Emperors' lifestyles
- Have a nice stroll along the picturesque park full of gorgeous pavilions and statues
You will have a chance to explore the palace's sumptuous interiors, the Pavlovsk park full of picturesque views, remarkable statues and pavilions. The residence with its peaceful neighborhood and 18th century atmosphere will not leave you unaffected!
Your tour will start at the lobby of your hotel, where your guide and driver will be waiting for you. Afterwards you will enjoy a ride to Tsarskoye Selo by a comfortable non-smoking air-conditioned vehicle.
During a 1-hour ride you will be listening to your guide’s narration about the sights on your way and make photo stops upon your wish. Among the highlights is the House of Soviets – a Soviet Union landmark with the Lenin monument in front of it, which is situated on Moskovsky avenue – the longest street in St. Petersburg; the Victory Square with the Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad.
You will be driving along Pushkin/Tsarskoye Selo, where you will have the opportunity to see the Egyptian Gate – the former main entrance into Tsarskoye Selo Imperial residence; Feodorovsky Settlement – an architectural ensemble. It should be also noted that the town was named after its resident Alexander Pushkin, a prominent Russian poet and writer.
You are welcome to take awesome pictures in the background of the Grand Pavlovsk Palace. After that you will explore reception and royal private rooms inside the palace, learn the way Emperor Paul I and his family lived, grasp controversial points in the destiny of Paul I, learn about complicated relations between him and his mother and look at the Tsar in a new perspective (Tsar Paul’s image was sometimes underestimated and distorted – actually, he was a highly educated and intelligent man with his own worldview).
The tour finishes with a relaxing walk along Pavlovsk park, where you may enjoy a coach ride (for a charge) upon your wish to get the feel of the 18th century.
At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to the city – either to your hotel, or any location in the center of the city.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan/minivan/minibus (depending on the group size)
- Admission to Pavlovsk's Palace and Park
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
• Children under 7 are free of charge. Seats are available on request if advised at time of booking. Please inform your tour operator about any children in the party so that free tickets could be ordered for them.
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Not wheelchair accessible
• The tour might not operate on the first Monday of the month during October - April season due to palace closures.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.