- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Encounter the legacy of Russian tsar Peter the Great while exploring the enigmatic streets that showcase the many palaces and museums of St Petersburg.
- Join a local family in St. Petersburg and have some tasty home cooked meal while learning some Russia games!
- Visit the Solovetsky Islands, location of one of the first GULAGs
- Travel to Murmansk, the biggest city within the Arctic Circle, and venture through tundra to the deserted town of Teriberka by the Barents Sea.
It’s the multi-faceted culture Russia has to offer that makes it so appealing. Places like St. Petersburg or the cities of the Golden Ring boast so much in art and culture that it would take near decades to even loosely acquaint yourself with what they have to offer, yet the frosty reaches to the north tell different tales of old castles, derelict towns, prison camps and time-lost labyrinths. This trip takes you across a land shrouded in both magnificence and secrets as you explore the bustling architectural glory of St Petersburg, Yaroslavl and Moscow and right up to the Arctic treasures of Murmansk and the Solovetsky Islands.
First Hotel in Ubud should be changed (smell in the room, dark)
Last Hotel in Sanur must be changed. After the other hotels, this standard "business" hotel is not an adequate end of the tour. Simply no atmosphere”
Additionally, I suggest booking directly with the tour company as communication was not passed from agent company, to tour company, to me the traveler that extra hotel fees were required as the hotel had sold out of single rooms.”
St Petersburg/Overnight train
Solovetsky Islands / Overnight train
Teriberka / Murmansk
- Hotel (11 nights) Overnight Sleeper Train (2 nights)
- 11 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches
- Plane , Overnight Sleeper Train , Private Bus , Public Bus , Taxi , Metro
- An expert tour leader
- Welcome Meeting
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- St Petersburg - walking tour
- St Petersburg - Hermitage Museum
- St. Petersburg - local market and family visit
- Solovetsky Islands - Day trip to Bolshoy Zayatsky Island
- Solovetsky Islands - Walking tour
- Murmansk - City tour
- Teriberka - day tour
- Teriberka - scenic hike
- Yaroslavl - Walking Tour
- Moscow - Kremlin & Armoury Guided Tour
- Moscow - Red Square & Lenin's Mausoleum
- Any international flights to Saint Petersburg and from Moscow are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Russia Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 120+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Russia Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Russia Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Russia Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip includes two long overnight train journeys. Conditions on the trains are simple but comfortable – a truly Intrepid experience and a great way to meet, and travel like, the locals. There is a toilet/bathroom and compartments with bunks/berths. Please note that we travel 2nd class on all overnight trains (4 people per compartment). While we always try to have our groups stay together, there may be times, where due to ticket availability, the group will be staying in different compartments and carriages.
- As well as overnight train travel, we experience a variety of different transport types on this journey, such as a flight, ferries, public and private buses, the metro and plenty of exploring on foot.The road travel to 'the end of the world' Teriberka can be long and bumpy, but you'll be well rewarded by the vast tundra scenery on the way.
- We travel far north to the Kola Peninsula, Republic of Karelia and Solovetsky Islands. The weather can be unpredictable, and severe even in summer months. Bring your sense of adventure and be open minded to changes we may have to make due to weather conditions.
- Please note that on occasion Lenin's Mausoleum and Red Square may be closed to the public during regular opening hours without prior warning.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.