- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- St. Petersburg: Set off on a private sunset cruise as you take in Russia's White Nights. A unique natural phenomenon caused by St. Petersburg's geographical location, the sky remains bright after midnight.
- St. Petersburg: Explore St. Petersburg in the daylight and head to Saint Peter and Paul Cathedral. Once a prison, but currently used as a museum, this wonderfully ornate building was designed by Domenico Trezzini in the 18th century.
- St. Petersburg: Check out the striking Church of the Savoir on Blood, where Tsar Alexander II was fatally wounded in 1881. Learn about its history with your Travelling Concierge.
- St. Petersburg: Head to the Fabergé Museum where you'll find the ornate imperial Easter eggs created for the last two Russian tsars, along with the museum's striking collection of other decorative pieces.
Decadence and ornate beauty await you in Russia, the world's largest country. Delve into its fascinating history and colourful culture as you explore old-world St. Petersburg and cosmopolitan Moscow. From taking a trip to the Grand Kremlin Palace's Royal Apartments where you'll learn more about the fascinating history of Russia's tsars, to uncovering the secrets of Moscow's beautiful metro and its elegant architecture, you're sure to be impressed as you travel in style and indulge in world-class fine dining.
Day 1: Welcome to St. Petersburg.
Day 2: Highlights of St. Petersburg.
Day 3: Ornate Russia.
Day 4: Russian Versailles.
Day 5: Journey to Moscow.
Day 6: A Day of Theatre.
Day 7: Highlights of Moscow.
Day 8: Farewell Moscow.
- St. Petersburg: Indulge at the centrally located and glamorous Belmond. Embrace its striking décor of resplendent marble, gilded stucco ceilings and breathtaking stained glass. A mix of vintage style-glamour with a selection of the finest modern cuisine, the hotel promises a glamorous gastronomic journey.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train journeys and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- St. Petersburg: The Palace of the tsars opens exclusively to you for a private, after-hours visit. Enjoy the regal ambience as you explore the treasures of the Hermitage Museum with an art historian.
- Moscow: Delve into the fascinating history of Moscow by heading to a lecture by a local historian on the KGB, the main spy agency of the former Soviet Union.
- Moscow: Explore the beautiful Grand Kremlin Palace and enjoy a behind-the-scenes visit to the Royal Apartments, where you'll learn about the fascinating history of the tsars.
- Moscow: Famous for its opera and ballet performances, you'll head to the Bolshoi Theatre, where you'll receive a behind-the-scenes tour of the venue.
- Any international flights to Saint Petersburg and from Moscow are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Remarkable Russia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 196+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Remarkable Russia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 September 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Remarkable Russia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Remarkable Russia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.