- Be a guest of honor in the most sumptuous Imperial Residences in St Petersburg
- Take a walk in exuberant parks which used to belong to Russian Emperors and Empresses
In Tsarskoye Selo you will see the Catherine Palace and Amber Room’s splendor without standing in long tiresome queues and behold these architectural masterpieces after restoration caused by the WWII’s detrimental influence with your own eyes!
The renovated Amber Room, which is said to be the 8th wonder of the world, will strike you with its extraordinary beauty. You will learn the way the World War II had affected the Imperial Residence of Peterhof as well and enrich your knowledge about Peter the Great, particularly about his love of sea.
Around 9 am the meeting with your guide and driver takes place at the lobby of your hotel. You will recognize your guide easily, as he/she will be holding a sign with your name on it. You will be provided with a vehicle depending on the number of passengers – a comfortable a/c sedan car for 1-2 people, Mercedes Viano/Vito van for 3-5 travelers and a spacious Mercedes Sprinter for parties of 6 and more – and transferred to the Imperial Residence of Peterhof situated in the neighborhood of the Gulf of Finland.
Upon arrival to Peterhof, the first highlight of your tour will be the Grand Palace which you will enter without standing in a long line (Please note that there is NO Early admission to the Palace from October till April, the regular one is provided instead).
Peterhof is considered to be a counterpart of French Versailles and competes in its beauty and exquisiteness. From our point of view, Peterhof’s picturesque view excels one of Versailles considerably.
Enjoy the interiors of the Grand Palace and learn exciting facts about this magnificent place. The Peterhof Grand Palace is considered to be the highlight element of Peter the Great’s “Russian Versailles”. In spite of the fact that the palace interiors were almost completely renovated after the WW II, they look even more glorious and opulent than the exteriors.
Magnificent Lower Gardens with a great amount of fountains expect you after the palace excursion. If you are fortunate enough, you will contemplate the view of the fountain opening ceremony.
Afterwards you will have a free time for lunch at one of the park cafes. Then anticipate a drive to Tsarskoye Selo/Pushkin!
Before your arrival to Pushkin you will have the opportunity to see the Egyptian Gate – the former main entrance into Tsarskoye Selo Imperial Residence; Feodorovsky Settlement – an architectural ensemble.
It should be also noted that the town was named after its resident Alexander Pushkin, a prominent Russian poet and writer.
You are welcome to take awesome pictures on the background of the Catherine Palace court and then proceed to the Golden Enfilade and State Palatial Interiors.
After that you will see the renovated Amber Room and private rooms of Alexander I and Paul I. Have a nice stroll in the park contemplating picturesque views and architectural masterpieces that are scattered over the park.
Return back to the city at the end of the tour. You may finish the tour at a location of your choosing or in your hotel.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan/minivan/minibus (depending on the group size)
- Admission to Catherine's Palace with Amber Room and Park, Peterhof Grand Palace and Gardens with Early Admission
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
• Infants are free of charge. Seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• A substantial amount of walking is involved
• You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
• Not wheelchair accessible
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.