- Skip-the-Line private tour;
- An art-enthusiast guides you through the museum;
- Covers all major buildings and collections
- Other languages beside English are available (request while booking)
The tour covers Winter Palace, Small Hermitage, Old Hermitage, New Hermitage and General Staff Building with the Impressionist Collection, where you will have a chance to enjoy all the greatest art selections of the museum!
The tour starts in the hall of your centrally located hotel, where your private guide will be waiting for you. You will recognize your guide easily, as she/he will be holding a sign with your name on it. Then prepare for a refreshing walk to the Hermitage on foot/by bus depending on your hotel’s proximity to the Palace Square.
Anticipate seeing 4 major buildings of the Hermitage Museum: Winter Palace, Small Hermitage, Old Hermitage, New Hermitage and General Staff Building with the Impressionist Collection.
The first highlight of your tour is going to be the most magnificent Russian Tsar residence – the interiors of the Winter Palace – construction of which began under the rule of Empress Elizabeth I and finished under Catherine the Great’s reign. Glorious art collections that belonged to the Imperial family are exhibited there. Later they were preserved from destruction by the museum staff during the Second World War.
The 15th-18th century masterpieces of the world’s prominent artists like Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Veronese, Tiepolo, Tintoretto and many others alongside the rich Impressionist and Post-Impressionist collections expect you in the Hermitage Museum.
Please note that the Hermitage Theatre can only be visited in the evening if you have a ticket to attend a show there. The offered tour covers the most complete route and most picturesque art collections with French, Italian and Dutch art and the Peacock Clock at the Small Hermitage.
You are welcome to ask your guide as many questions as possible and request to make a detour if your group has enough time for that.
Please note that there may be an extra charge if you select a tour language as Chinese or any European language beside English, French or Spanish.
- Admission to the Hermitage (usual admission, main exposition and Impressionists Collection)
- Professional tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Radio head-sets for groups of 7 or more
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
• Not recommended for participants with back problems as a lot of standing is involved
• Children and Infants must be accompanied by an adult
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.