As it is well-known, hospitality is considered to be the most significant trait of Russian national character – so acquire a wonderful chance to prove it, dinning with a local Russian family! You will have a rest in the homelike atmosphere, far from noisy city center, in the green countryside. Make friends with Russians, have a nice talk with them and enjoy Russian specialties!
Your trip will start at the lobby of your hotel where your private driver will meet you and take you to the outskirts of Saint Petersburg. During 40-60 minute drive you can have a rest and take a nap to be fully prepared to be a guest of honor in a Russian house!
During your drive you will also have an opportunity to behold the so-called Road of Life which was the road, along which trucks of Leningrad citizens were evacuated from the besieged city during 1941-1944 years. The memorial complex "The Flower of Life” is located at the Road of Life and devoted to children who lived (and died) during the WWII. You may take a picture at this place on your way back if you like.
One of the family members who speaks perfect English will meet you heartily, show you around the house and get you acquainted with other family members (who will be at home at the time of your visit). You will learn the way a multi-generation Russian family lives, its customs and traditions.
And, of course, anticipate a delicious dinner in the homelike atmosphere, enjoying a nice conversation with the members of a Russian family!
Typical Menu consists of:
On the savoury side:
- 2 variants of Russian salads:
1) Vinegret (vegetarian salad that includes cooked vegetables (beets, potatoes, carrots), chopped onions, as well as pickles and peas; dressed with mayo or sunflower oil upon your wish).
2) Russian 'Olivier' salad (with boiled carrots, eggs and potatoes, fresh onions, pickled cucumbers, peas, Russian Sausage, dressed with mayo)
- Russian Pelmeni (dumplings with veal/beef/pork) it's possible to make no-pork if you wish, served with sour cream and tar-tar sauce
On the sweet side:
- Vatryshka-pie (pie with sweet cottage cheese)
- Russian Pancakes with sour cream/ home-made berry preserves/ red caviar
Drinks: Mors (berry drink)/Still water /water with gas/ Tea/ coffee
(note that the list is variable, changes in the menu may happen depending on the product availability).
Alcoholic drinks are not included. Upon your wish you may bring a bottle of champagne or wine – your hosting family will serve it for you with pleasure!