- Enjoy a typical Russian lunch/dinner in a hearty atmosphere;
- Have a nice chat with the members of a Russian family, learn their customs and traditions;
- You also have a chance to see the Road of Life - a memorial place since WWII times
Your trip will start at the lobby of your hotel where your private driver will meet you and take you to the outskirts of Saint Petersburg. During 40-60 minute drive you can have a rest and take a nap to be fully prepared to be a guest of honor in a Russian house!
During your drive you will also have an opportunity to behold the so-called Road of Life which was the road, along which trucks of Leningrad citizens were evacuated from the besieged city during 1941-1944 years. The memorial complex "The Flower of Life” is located at the Road of Life and devoted to children who lived (and died) during the WWII. You may take a picture at this place on your way back if you like.
One of the family members who speaks perfect English will meet you heartily, show you around the house and get you acquainted with other family members (who will be at home at the time of your visit). You will learn the way a multi-generation Russian family lives, its customs and traditions.
And, of course, anticipate a delicious dinner in the homelike atmosphere, enjoying a nice conversation with the members of a Russian family!
Typical Menu consists of:
On the savoury side:
- 2 variants of Russian salads:
1) Vinegret (vegetarian salad that includes cooked vegetables (beets, potatoes, carrots), chopped onions, as well as pickles and peas; dressed with mayo or sunflower oil upon your wish).
2) Russian 'Olivier' salad (with boiled carrots, eggs and potatoes, fresh onions, pickled cucumbers, peas, Russian Sausage, dressed with mayo)
- Russian Pelmeni (dumplings with veal/beef/pork) it's possible to make no-pork if you wish, served with sour cream and tar-tar sauce
On the sweet side:
- Vatryshka-pie (pie with sweet cottage cheese)
- Russian Pancakes with sour cream/ home-made berry preserves/ red caviar
Drinks: Mors (berry drink)/Still water /water with gas/ Tea/ coffee
(note that the list is variable, changes in the menu may happen depending on the product availability).
Alcoholic drinks are not included. Upon your wish you may bring a bottle of champagne or wine – your hosting family will serve it for you with pleasure!
- Round-trip private transfer by sedan or mini-van
- Meal with a family as per described menu (food and drinks)
- Gratuities (recommended)
• Children are free of charge under 5 y.o. Simply notify the tour provider about any children under 5 in your party.
• Dress code is casual
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• A small amount of walking is involved
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Not recommended for people with severe animal fur allergies as the host family have a cat and a dog.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.