- Get charmed by grandeur of the Peterhof Grand Palace;
- Have a refreshing stroll along the splendid Peterhof Park and be amazed by its beauty
- Enjoy a fascinating view of numerous fountains and palaces
- Pay a visit to 'Raketa' - the oldest watch factory in Russia
This exceptional opportunity is offered alongside with a magnificent atmosphere of the 18th century palace and the park full of fountains and flowers. You will broaden your horizons about exuberant balls and life of the 18th and 19th centuries society, learn about the Second World War’s detrimental consequences for St Petersburg’s heritage (at the time of WW II – Leningrad).
Around 9 am a meeting with your guide and driver takes place at the lobby of your hotel. You will recognize your guide easily, as he/she will be holding a sign with your name on it.
You will be provided with a vehicle depending on the number of passengers – a comfortable a/c sedan car for 1-2 people, Mercedes Viano/Vito van for 3-5 travelers and a spacious Mercedes Sprinter for parties of 6 and more – and transferred to the Imperial Residence of Peterhof situated in the neighborhood of the Gulf of Finland.
Upon arrival to Peterhof the first highlight of your tour will be the Grand Palace which you will enter without standing in a long line (Please note that there is NO Early Admission to the Palace from October till April, the regular one is provided instead).
Peterhof is considered to be a counterpart of French Versailles and competes in its beauty and exquisiteness. From our point of view, Peterhof’s picturesque view excels one of Versailles considerably.
Enjoy the interiors of the Grand Palace and learn exciting facts about this magnificent place. The Peterhof Grand Palace is considered to be the highlight of Peter the Great’s “Russian Versailles”.
In spite of the fact that the palace interiors were almost completely renovated after the WW II, they look even more glorious and opulent than the exteriors.
Magnificent Lower Gardens with a great amount of fountains expect you after the palace excursion. If you are fortunate enough, you will contemplate the view of the fountain opening ceremony.
After discovering the park you will proceed to Watch Factory ‘Raketa’ which is a 10-minute walk from the Imperial Residence. There you will have an hourlong excursion through the Petrodvorets Watch Factory “Raketa” which was established by Peter the Great in 1721. During 1945-1961 watches produced on this factory were known under the brand “Pobeda” (Victory). In 1961 the name changed to ‘Raketa’ owing to Russian space exploration and merits of the Russian astronaut, Yuri Gagarin.
In 2009 the factory began its renovation process with the help of Russian and Swiss engineers, one of whom was an ex-Rolex production director.
Due to the fact that Petrodvorets Watch Factory produces its own watch pieces from A to Z, including hairspring and escapement, it is considered to be a unique one. You can find watches manufactured in this factory in Russian malls – GUM and TSUM in Moscow, Status and Babochka in Saint Petersburg and many other shops.
Around 13:10 trip back to the city. At 14:00 return back to the hotel.
Note: fountains are not running during low season (October-April).
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pick up and drop-off by private sedan/mini-van/mini-bus (depending on the group size)
- Special Early Admission to Peterhof Grand Palace
- Park admission
- Tour of the Raketa Watch Factory
- Gratuities (recommended)
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers except Infants
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Not recommended for participants with back problems
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.