- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Embark on an adventure an epic train journey traversing Russia, Mongolia & China
- Visit the spectacular Hermitage in St Petersburg
- Discover Red Square, St Basil’s Cathedral & the Kremlin in Moscow
- Experience the rugged wilds of Mongolia from our comfortable ger camp
Travel on the famous Trans Siberian train from St Petersburg to Beijing via Mongolia. There are few train journeys on earth that conjure up such variety as the Trans Siberian. This superb itinerary traces the classic route St Petersburg, home to the magnificent Hermitage, to Beijing where iconic attractions abound. Enroute we will discover a fascinating and varied landscape unfolding before us. We board the comfortable but basic train that takes us on an epic 5000km journey through history across the vast Russian Steppe through Siberia to Irkutsk. Bring a good book, a chess board and a bottle of vodka and you're sure to form some memorable friendships while watching the world go by. After 4 days we arrive in Ulaanbaatar and experience wild Mongolia from our comfortable ger camp in Terelj National Park before we continue our journey to Beijing. Here our local expert guides showcase this great city and we explore the spectacular Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
Day 1 : Join St Petersburg
Day 2 : Visit Hermitage
Day 3 : In St Petersburg, overnight train to Moscow
Day 4 : Arrive in Moscow, City Tour
Day 5 : In Moscow, board train to Irkutsk
Day 6-8 : Train to Irkutsk
Day 9 : Arrive Irkutsk, transfer to Lake Baikal
Day 10 : Transfer to Irkutsk
Day 11 : Train to Ulaanbaatar
Day 12 : Arrive Ulaanbaatar, transfer to Terelj National Park
Day 13 : Day in Terelj National Park
Day 14 : Transfer to Ulaanbaatar
Day 15 : Train to Beijing
Day 16 : Arrive Beijing
Day 17 : In Beijing
Day 18 : Visit the Great Wall
Day 19 : In Beijing, trip concludes
- Comfortable hotels on a twin share basis
- 11 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 6 dinners
- Private transfers and tours as detailed
- Arrival transfer (day 1 only)
- English speaking guide during tours
- 2nd class sleeper train travel in 4 berth cabin - NB it is possible to upgrade to first class for an additional cost - price on application.
- Entrance fees to museums and sites as detailed
- Meals not indicated
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Escort on train
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- International flights and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 242 today.
- Earn US$ 161+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Trans Siberian tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Trans Siberian tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Trans Siberian tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.