- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Get to know St Petersburg on a walking tour.
- Learn how to cook a Karelian specialty.
- Take a boat trip to Kizhi Island.
- Let creativity flow with a matryoshka painting class.
Russia is the world’s largest nation, which means there’s no shortage of things to see or do here. With us, you won’t just stick to the main sights in Moscow and St Petersburg. Head beyond these two cities to see Russia’s quieter side in the villages of Petrozavodska and Kizhi Island, or the cluster of ancient towns known as the Golden Ring. Discover standout landscapes like Ruskeala National Park’s marble canyon. Want a little bit of everything? You’ll find it in Russia.
Day 1: Saint-Petersburg
Day 2: Saint-Petersburg
Day 3: Saint-Petersburg/Sortavala
Day 4: Sortavala/Petrozavodsk
Day 5: Petrozavodsk
Day 6: Petrozavodsk/Moscow
Day 7: Moscow/Sergiyev Posad
Day 8: Sergiyev Posad/Pereslavl-Zalessky
Day 9: Pereslavl-Zalessky/Moscow
Day 10: Moscow
Day 11: Moscow
Day 12: Moscow
- Hotels (9 nts), guest house (1 nt), sleeper train (1 nt).
7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD420-550 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, overnight train, boat.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: Karelian Cooking Class, Kinerma
- Your Hands-On Moment: Matryoshka Painting Class, Sergiyev Posad
- St Petersburg walking tour
- Kizhi Island boat tour
- Ruskeala Quarry walk
- Kinerma walking tour
- Karelian cooking class
- The Sergiev Posad Lavra and Monastery tour
- Matryoshka painting class
- Pereslavl-Zelesskiy guided tour
- Barbecue with local family
- Tour of Alexandrov Kremlin
- Red Square visit
- Kremlin and Armoury guided tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Saint Petersburg and from Moscow are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Back Roads of Russia: St Petersburg - Moscow tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 93 today.
- Save US$ 62+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Back Roads of Russia: St Petersburg - Moscow tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Back Roads of Russia: St Petersburg - Moscow tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Back Roads of Russia: St Petersburg - Moscow tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.