- duration hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience white water rafting with a cultural twist!
- Raft on the Kaituna River, one of the world's best rafting spots
- Feel the adrenaline rafting down the impressive 7m waterfall
Experience the best whitewater rafting on New Zealand's warmest river with experienced local guides.
We didn't visit a cave, as was mentioned and I was under the impression we would visit the lakes by ourselves by spending some free hours there, but instead we were driven around from one lake to the other. This isn't a bad thing, as we got to see way more than expected, but it would've been nice to know how the day was going to go in advance.”
The Kaituna River has long been the source of life for the local iwi (tribe). It supplied Kai (food) and wai (water) needed for survival. However it has not always been a peaceful place, for centuries the local warriors of Ngati Hinerangi battled to keep their Taonga (treasure) that is the Kaituna.
Now 200 years on with Rotorua Rafting you are the warrior, battling Papatuanuku (Mother Earth) against one of its most powerful elements and the 7 metres waterfall.
Dressed in the highest standard equipment and being guided by World medaling raft guides and World Champion Safety kayakers you are sure to be victorious in your battle.
- Return Shuttle from Rotorua
- Rafting Equipment:
- Warm Apparel
- Buoyancy Aids
- Certified Raft Guides
- Safety Kayakers
- Meals & Drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Optional gratuities
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 17 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Rotorua White Water Rafting tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Rotorua White Water Rafting tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
What to bring: Your smile, screams, swimwear and towel.