- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Immerse yourself in the world of hobbits and elves
- Take a selfie outside a hobbit hole on the Hobbiton movie set
- Explore the rural township of Matamata
Experience the picturesque 10-acre Hobbiton movie set and immerse yourself in magical Middle Earth with scenic views of rural landscapes.
Travel to the Waikato region of New Zealand's North Island and immerse yourself in the rural Kiwi town of Matamata. Here you will find the famous Hobbiton movie set, known for its dramatic views of picturesque countryside and the Kaimai Ranges, where the award-winning films of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were filmed by Sir Peter Jackson.
Visit this magical movie set and pristine countryside of The Shire, which was created on the grounds of an actual beef and sheep farm. Take a guided tour through beautiful landscapes and hobbit homes where Pippin, Merry, Sam, Frodo and Bilbo came to life. Peek into hobbit holes and explore many of the sets and structures like the Mill and the Green Dragon Inn which were created specifically for these two famous films. Learn about the complex process of transforming farmland into Middle-Earth
- Meeting point pick-up/drop-off
- Return bus transportation from Rotorua
- Time at leisure in Matamata
- Two hour guided tour of the Shire film set including Hobbit Holes, The Green Dragon Inn, The Mill, The Party Tree and more
- Free WiFi available onboard the bus
- Meals & drinks
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional gratuities
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 0 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 17 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Hobbiton Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hobbiton Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.