Trek the Waitukubuli National Trail Dominica
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- duration 11 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-16443
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Trek the best parts of the Caribbean's only long distance walking trail
- Discover virgin forest and the best of Dominica’s nature
- Unwind in the local hot springs and go snorkeling at Champagne Beach
- Enjoy a Caribbean cooking adventure at a family home
- Visit the spectacular Boiling Lake
- Go bird watching on the Indian River boat trip and explore the mangroves and wildlife
- Experience the local Caribbean culture, cuisine, lifestyle and heritage
- Show more
Trek the best sections of the stunning Waitukubuli National Trail, exploring Dominica's rugged and beautiful virgin forests, marine parks and mountainous interior. Experience the best sections of the Caribbean's first and only long distance walking trail, the Waitukubuli National Trail. Discover the nature and culture of Dominica on this adventurous jungle trek. The Trail climbs slopes carpeted with rainforests, descends dramatic gorges, crosses rivers and takes in spectacular waterfalls. At 115 miles long, over 14 segments, the Waitukubuli National Trail runs from the southern village of Scott's Head to the Cabrits National Park in the North. Showcasing virgin forest and the best of Dominica's nature, culture and local lifestyles, the National Trail passes through old plantations, skirts along coastal cliffs, meanders past fertile farms and stops by small villages. We have handpicked the best sections for this fantastic 11 day trip. Admire panoramic views while trekking, experience the local culture and learn about the island's history and exotic flora and fauna. We have time to relax as we swim in the Caribbean waters and enjoy an Indian River boat trip to explore the mangroves and wildlife. This well rounded journey also highlights a Caribbean cooking adventure and local guest house accommodation; from forest to farmlands and stunning waterfalls this diverse trek does it all!
Day 1 : Arrive Roseau
Day 2 : Scotts Head to Soufriere - Segment 1 of the trail
Day 3 : Segment 3 of the trail
Day 4 : Middleham Waterfall – part Segment 4 of the trail
Day 5 : Caribbean Cooking Experience
Day 6 : Boiling Lake and Titou Gorge Exploration
Day 7 : The rural and beautiful Atlantic East Coast
Day 8 : Trek Kalinago Territory to Hatten Garden - Segment 6 of the trail
Day 9 : Penville to Portsmouth - Segment 13 & 14 of the trail
Day 10 : Indian River boat trip, Fort Shirley & Beach
Day 11 : Drive to Melville airport where trip concludes
- 2 nights 3* Hotel accommodation on a twin share basis
- 8 nights local guesthouse accommodation on a twin share basis
- 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 10 dinners
- Airport transfer on Day 1 and Day 11
- Private internal transportation
- Professional local guides
- All group activities mentioned
- International flights and departure taxes
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Items of a personal nature ie laundry, phone calls, etc
- Applicable taxes
- Visa costs
- Excess baggage costs
- Medical treatment
- Save US$ 252 today.
- Earn US$ 167+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trek the Waitukubuli National Trail Dominica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 June 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 June 2023, a deposit of 306 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trek the Waitukubuli National Trail Dominica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trek the Waitukubuli National Trail Dominica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.