- Walking tour
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek the best parts of the Caribbean's only long distance walking trail
- Discover virgin forest and the best of Dominica’s nature
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed Morne Trois Pitons National Park
- Marvel at Dominica's highest Waterfall, the Middleham Waterfall
Trek the best sections of the stunning Waitukubuli National Trail, exploring Dominica's rugged and beautiful virgin forests, marine parks and mountainous interior. Experience the best sections of the Caribbean's first and only long distance walking trail, the Waitukubuli National Trail. Discover the nature and culture of Dominica on this adventurous jungle trek. The Trail climbs slopes carpeted with rainforests, descends dramatic gorges, crosses rivers and takes in spectacular waterfalls. At 115 miles long, over 14 segments, the Waitukubuli National Trail runs from the southern village of Scott's Head to the Cabrits National Park in the North. Showcasing virgin forest and the best of Dominica's nature, culture and local lifestyles, the National Trail passes through old plantations, skirts along coastal cliffs, meanders past fertile farms and stops by small villages. We have handpicked the best sections for this fantastic 11 day trip. Admire panoramic views while trekking, experience the local culture and learn about the island's history and exotic flora and fauna. We have time to relax as we swim in the Caribbean waters and enjoy an Indian River boat trip to explore the mangroves and wildlife. This well rounded journey also highlights a Caribbean cooking adventure and local guest house accommodation; from forest to farmlands and stunning waterfalls this diverse trek does it all!
Day 1 : Arrive Roseau
Day 2 : Scotts Head to Soufriere - Segment 1 of the trail
Day 3 : Boiling Lake and Titou Gorge exploration
Day 4 : Hot Springs & Caribbean Cooking Experience
Day 5 : Middleham Waterfall - Segment 4 of the trail
Day 6 : The rural and wild East Coast - Delices and Petite Soufriere
Day 7 : Trek Kalinago Territory to Hatten Garden - Segment 6 of the trail
Day 8 : Colihaut Heights to Bourne - Segments 10 and part of Segment 11 of the trail
Day 9 : Penville to Portsmouth - Segment 13 & 14 of the trail
Day 10 : Indian River boat trip, Fort Shirley & Beach
Day 11 : Drive to Melville airport where trip concludes
- Comfortable accommodation on a twin share basis
- 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 10 dinners
- Airport transfer on Day 1 and Day 11
- Private internal transportation
- Professional local guides
- All group activities mentioned
- International flights and departure taxes
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Items of a personal nature ie laundry, phone calls, etc
- Applicable taxes
- Visa costs
- Excess baggage costs
- Medical treatment
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 206 today.
- Earn US$ 137+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trek the Waitukubuli National Trail Dominica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 May 2021, a deposit of 347 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trek the Waitukubuli National Trail Dominica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trek the Waitukubuli National Trail Dominica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.