- duration 7 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Exploring an oasis of green in the south of Spain
- Cycling the gently rolling hills of the Sierra da Grazalema
- Enjoying the unspoilt countryside, punctuated by 'pueblos blancos'
- Spending time in Ronda, with its intriguing mix of Moorish and European monuments
Cycle back in time to discover Moorish history, classic Spanish mountain-scapes and one of the prettiest villages in Andalucia. A loop cycle within Andalucia to uncover an oasis of green where the classic Spanish mountain scenery of picturesque whitewashed villages nestled into the local hillsides will not fail to impress. The Sierra de Grazalema offers ideal cycling conditions with gently rolling hills. Discover a landscape of marvellous limestone sculptures, marked by deep gorges where vultures nest among the cliff tops. At lunchtime, replenish your energy with a round of tapas enjoyed on an outdoor terrace, then continue through the unspoilt countryside painted in earth tones, punctuated by brilliant white buildings set against the soft grey-green of olive orchards, cork oak woods and Spanish silver firs. In the midst of these exquisite natural surroundings, you'll encounter 'pueblos blancos' with exotic Moorish names like Benaocaz and Jimera del Ibar, which recall centuries of disputed borders between Arab and Christian kingdoms. At the end of the week, you return to Ronda, one of the prettiest towns in Andalucia and indeed in all of Spain, with its intriguing mix of Moorish and European monuments.
Day 1 : Arrive Ronda
Day 2 : Ascend to Setenil de las Bodegas, continue to the pretty village of Olvera (37km/23mi)
Day 3 : Cycle through whitewashed villages to the hilltop Zahara de la Sierra (49km/30.5mi)
Day 4 : Ascend to Grazalema and on to Benaocaz with its Moorish town centre (41km/25.5mi)
Day 5 : Via Ubrique, around the Grazalema mountains to Jimera de Libar, train to Benaojan (41km/25.5mi)
Day 6 : Cycle aross the 'Encinas Borrachas' pass to Ronda (26 or 15km/16 or 9mi)
Day 7 : Trip concludes
- 6 nights in 2-3 star hotels and B&B's on a twinshare basis with private facilities
- Information pack including route notes and maps per room booked (GPS tracks available on request)
- 6 breakfasts - these are usually continental style consisting of bread, cheeses, meats, yoghurt, juice, tea and coffee
- Luggage transfer
- 24 speed high quality rental bike and helmet (e-bike available on request - supplement applies)
- Emergency hotline
- Lunches, dinners and drinks
- Travel to and from Ronda
- Transfers not indicated as included
- Entrance fees
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 50 today.
- Save US$ 33+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ronda and the Sierra de Grazalema by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Ronda and the Sierra de Grazalema by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ronda and the Sierra de Grazalema by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.