- Wine tasting tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Rome: Your Travelling Concierge welcomes you to Rome with a traditional passeggiata near The Pantheon.
- Vatican City: With your Local Expert, see Rome’s most revered treasures when you visit St. Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's 'Pietà.'
- Rome: Learn of the city's iconic history when you visit the Colosseum and see the Roman Forum.
- Rome: During your orientation with your Travelling Concierge see medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
This magnificent journey showcases Italy’s grand past, romantic cities and exquisite natural wonders. Step into the ancient world, as a Local Expert shows you the cobblestone alleyways of Pompeii, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel in VIP style, and the gravity-defying Tower of Pisa. Along the way, you’ll discover how medieval trades are being kept alive, participate in a Tuscan cooking masterclass and cruise along the canals of Venice onboard a traditional gondola. From iconic capitals to the charming fishing villages of the Cinque Terre, uncover the full grandeur of Italy. This magnificent journey showcases Italy’s grand past, romantic cities and exquisite natural wonders. After your journey ends in Venice, why not choose to extend your travels and step onboard the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express for an overnight journey to Paris?
Day 1: Welcome to Rome.
Day 2: Rome and the Vatican.
Day 3: Pompeii and The Isle of Capri.
Day 4: Explore the Isle of Dreams.
Day 5: Lush Umbria and on to Assisi and Perugia.
Day 6: San Gimignano and Tuscany.
Day 7: Renaissance Florence.
Day 8: Tuscan Cooking Class and Pisa.
Day 9: Exploring The Cinque Terre.
Day 10: Theatrical Venice and the Doge's Palace.
Day 11: The Magic of Venice.
Day 12: Arrivederci Venice.
- Rome: As night falls, delight in the romance of the Eternal City before gathering for a Welcome Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine at an elegant local restaurant near Rome’s famous Pantheon and watch the world go by.
- Isle of Capri: Take in beautiful views of the Gulf of Naples from the privileged perch of Michelin-starred Mammà. Savour a delectable meal of Mediterranean flavours in perfect Caprese style, created with passion from fresh, local produce by chef Salvatore La Ragione.
- Isle of Capri: A refreshing lemon granita is the perfect way to cool down in the Mediterranean.
- San Gimignano: Explore Guardastelle with a wine expert to learn about the various grape varieties and visit wine cellars that combine ancient traditions with modern technology, where you will enjoy a wine tasting. Afterwards indulge in a lunch of Tuscan specialties and beautiful views of the countryside.
- San Gimignano: Ascend serpentine alleyways to the artisan ice-cream parlour of World Champion Gelato maestro, Sergio Dondoli, for a taste of his creamiest treats.
- Tuscany: In the former hunting lodge of the Medici family, join a qualified chef to experience authentic Italian cooking at a hands-on culinary master-class. Afterwards enjoy the fruits of your labor while enjoying the views of the Tuscan Countryside.
- Venice: Learn the secrets behind your aperitif, Venice's Bellini cocktail before dinner tonight at the atmospheric Taverna La Fenice.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included flight to included train travel and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Florence: Forage for the region's famous aromatic truffles guided by an expert truffle dog. Enjoy a tasting of these precious 'diamonds' followed by dinner in an elegant villa which will include a choice of dishes including the famous 'Fiorentina' (mouth-watering grilled Tuscan beefsteak).
- Florence: Experience Florence Your Way with the choice to join a local art historian for an insightful walk, as you admire Michelangelo's masterpiece, the marble statue of David, in the Accademia Museum. Continue your guided walk to see the cathedral, bell tower and Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit the political heart of the city, Piazza della Signoria. Alternatively, choose to join a local foodie on a walking tour of the best gastronomic treats in this Tuscan town.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Vatican City: Enter the Sistine Chapel for a tour with a Local Expert, before it opens to the public. Luxury Gold’s fast-tracked entry into the Vatican Museums ensures optimal enjoyment of the timeless Papal art collection.
- Venice: Discover the secrets of the Venetian Republic on a private evening tour of the Doge's Palace with your Local Expert.
- Any international flights to Rome and from Venice are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ultimate Italy tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 214+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ultimate Italy tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 September 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ultimate Italy tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ultimate Italy tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.