- Wine tasting tour
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 13 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the ancient Tuscan hill towns of Pienza and Montalcino
- Visit and learn about an active, organic Tuscan farm, where you’ll enjoy a homemade meal
- Climb the walls of the famous Montalcino Castle and take in stunning views
- Tour an award winning vineyard with a guided tasting of famous Tuscan wines
The day starts when your expert, English-speaking tour leader picks you up in Rome in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle and whisks you off to the Tuscan countryside. Your first stop is the UNESCO world heritage hill town of Pienza. Here you’ll wander the beautiful streets, seeing views over the countryside and shopping for food and wine if you wish. Your tour leader will introduce you to traditional Tuscan delicacies like pecorino cheese and wild boar, and point out the best ceramics stores.
Next we’re heading over to an organic, family-run farm. After a tour of the farm, including a chat with the resident cheese maker, it’s time to sit down for a Tuscan feast of local, seasonal ingredients straight from the fields. The meal is capped off with a full tasting of the farm’s best sheep and goat’s milk cheeses with homemade honeys and jams. In between chats with the farm owners you will sip on local wines and enjoy incredible views over the famous Val d’Orcia region.
After lunch you’ll go to Montalcino, a hill town famous, among many other things, for its beautiful castle. With special, extended access tickets you can climb the lookout towers and gape at the views of the surrounding countryside or snap off a few pictures that will be the envy of all your friends back home.
To end the day you’ll visit an award-winning vineyard for a guided tour of the vines and wine cellar. And what would a visit to a Tuscan vineyard be without a full tasting? Try a flight of some of the region’s best wines and feel free to buy a bottle or two (once again, with no obligation) to stash in your bag.
We won’t spoil a perfect day with a large group. Enjoy an intimate group of 18 people or fewer with an expert, English-speaking leader to facilitate your journey and make introductions as well as an expert driver who knows the country roads better than anyone. Our goal is to give you a truly Italian experience that will leave you hankering for Tuscany long after you’ve returned home.
- Round trip transport from Rome
- Expert tour guide
- Lunch at an organic farm
- Wine tastings at a Montalcino vineyard
- Special access ticket to climb Montalcino Castle Walls
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transport
- Professional driver
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.