- Visit an authentic Tuscan farm and vineyard and learn how to produce world-class wine
- Learn to cook a traditional Italian 3-course meal using local, seasonal ingredients
- Taste local wines with a professional sommelier
- Learn to identify different grapes and blends as well as differences in soil quality
We start by whisking you away from Rome with pre-purchased, all-inclusive train tickets to Tuscany. Your hosts will meet you at the train station and drive you to their home for a full day of touring and cooking classes.
You’ll be guided through their 40-acres of rolling hills, olive groves, vineyards, and fig treess and shown the various methods they use to cultivate their award winning olive oils, fruits and wines. Depending on the season might see honey being harvested, or oil being milled.
Now that you’ve seen your ingredients it’s time to put them to use. Enter the kitchen with the farm’s matron (or a professional chef if she happens to be away) and immerse yourself in a full course on Tuscan cooking. You’ll learn a plethora of Italian cooking secrets; like the best ways to eat seasonally, how to make the perfect pasta, the secret to velvety pasta sauce, and marrying flavors to make sure that they are always as rich and fresh as the land that produced them. Together with your guide you’ll prepare a three-course meal including dishes such as pastas, fresh bruschetta, rich Tuscan ragu and traditional tiramisu.
After lunching on your creations in an idyllic outdoor setting, you’ll head down to the wine cellar (packed with over 2,500 bottles) for a tour. One of your hosts for the day, the daughter of the farm, is a professional sommelier who oversees the wine production here — so she’s the perfect person to introduce you to the wine of the house and the region.
From field to table and finally onto your tongue, this Tuscan Farmhouse experience not only brings you the taste of Tuscany, it shows you the knowledge and expertise that go into creating this world-famous cuisine. Your small group of 12 people or fewer will give easy access to your guides who are overjoyed to welcome you into their home and share a slice of their rich culture with you.
- Return train transport from Rome to the farmhouse in Tuscany
- Cooking class with all ingredients
- Tour of the farmhouse estate
- Professionally guided wine tasting
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Please notify us if you have food allergies or other special requirements and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
● Since this is a functioning farm, it has a few non-human residents too, including two friendly labradors. Although well-trained and well-behaved, the dogs are not kept tied up (except on request) so guests should be comfortable around animals.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.