- Take in the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the market in Campo de’ Fiori
- Taste homemade olive oil, prosciutto crudo, cotto, parmesan, pecorino, balsamic vinegar
- Learn some of the secrets of Italian food
- Make your own pizza in a real pizzeria and learn all about the styles and traditions
The market includes a variety of tastings, and even more key facts, like the differences between cured meats; why you’re not automatically offered parmesan for every pasta in Italy; and whether mozzarella di bufala really comes forma a buffalo.
After seeing where Rome’s food comes from, it’s time to see how it’s used. At a local pizzeria you’ll roll your own pizza using fresh, locally sourced ingredients and some of the best dough in town. Fun for both kids and adults, you’ll roll the dough, add your ingredients, and slide it into the huge, wood-burning oven. As you feast on your gourmet treat your expert foodie guide will explain some of Italy’s pizza traditions and give you an inside look at the culture that surrounds this most treasured food.
After you have eaten your pizza you’ll enjoy that most Italian of treats – coffee!
As part of a group of 12 people or fewer, you’ll have plenty of time and access to quiz your expert foodie guide on everything you want to know about Roman food. The guide will also offer you advice on when, where and how to eat in Rome so you won’t just eat well during the tour, you’ll eat like a local for the rest of your trip.
- Pizza-making at a central Rome pizzeria
- All food tastings throughout the tour
- Expert local foodie to give you insider tips & tricks
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
> Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
> Please notify us before booking if you have any food allergies, dietary restrictions, or other special requirements. Unfortunately we are unable to cater to coeliacs on the pizza-making section of this tour as we use a working pizzeria kitchen. While we can provide an option for vegetarians, guests should be aware that tastings such as the cold meats on this tour cannot be replaced with a vegetarian alternative.
> As this tour includes a meals' worth of tastings, we encourage you not to have a big breakfast before the tour begins.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.