- Skip the lines at the Vatican Museums with pre-reserved group entrance tickets
- Specially designed route that shows you all the works you know you wanted to see
- Gape at Michelangelo’s frescoes and paintings in the Sistine Chapel and learn the stories
- Skip the line at St. Peter’s Basilica for a full guided tour
We start by skipping the (always long) lines to get into the museum and diving right into the galleries holding some of the most famous works of art in the world. Our specially-designed route encompasses all the can’t-miss pieces while also including some of the lesser known works that will really dazzle you. Your expert, english-speaking guide will give you eye-opening insight and context (along with some great stories) as you explore the Raphael Rooms, the Belvedere courtyard with ‘Apollo Belvedere’ & the Laocoön group, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Gallery of the Candelabra, the Gallery of the Maps, and the Gallery of the Tapestries.
The piéce-de-resistance is, of course, the Sistine Chapel. Your guide will prep you for your time here by telling you the stories behind the creation of the iconic frescoes as well as what they mean. When you enter, you will then be able to appreciate the full majesty of the room, spotting little details like Michelangelo’s self-portrait and the rather painful revenge he plotted for the Pope’s aide (he wasn’t his biggest fan…)
Finally, we trade the artistic masterpieces of the Vatican Museums for the architectural masterpiece that is St. Peter’s Basilica. Traveling with a licensed guide has its perks, as you’ll learn when you use the special guides-only door leading from the Sistine Chapel directly to the Basilica (and past long general access lines).
Built over St. Peter’s tomb, it took the best minds of the Renaissance more than 120 years to complete St. Peter’s Basilica. It was worth every second though, as you’ll discover during a 1-hour tour with your guide. They’ll lead you to Michelangelo’s ‘Pietà’ (the only work he ever felt the need to sign: Your guide will tell you why) Bernini’s soaring baldacchino altar, and the well-worn feet of St. Peter, which pilgrims rub for good luck.
While many tour operators fit 25 or more people into their Vatican tours we’ll never put you with a group of more than 15. We’re passionate about the Vatican and want to share that passion with you in intimate groups led by the most engaging, and knowledgeable guides in the Vatican.
- Skip the Line Access tickets to the Vatican Museums
- Skip the Line Access to St. Peter’s Basilica
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Please remember that the Sistine Chapel is a holy place, and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees.
● We advise our clients that St.Peter's Basilica may be closed during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. If this occurs during your visit, we will spend more time inside the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums. We are unable to provide refunds in this case.
● While the Vatican Museums are equipped with elevators for wheelchair and stroller access, they are not conveniently located on the group tour route and only give access to specific sections of the Museums. As a result, we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on any of our group Vatican tours.
● Please note that guests may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican Museums. Larger backpacks etc must be left at the cloakroom. It is the responsibility of the guest to return to the Vatican Museums entrance to collect these after the tour.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.