- duration 16 days
- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 35+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Taste Fiano & Greco wines, limoncello and bufalo mozzarella in Campania & the Amalfi
- Explore some of Italy’s most beautiful and bucolic regions Basilicata and Puglia
- Drive through Calabria and swim in pristine Tirreno sea water
On this tour, you will travel to Campania and the Amalfi to taste Fiano and Greco wines, limoncello and bufalo mozzarella and then head further south to enter some of Italy’s most beautiful and bucolic regions - Basilicata and Puglia.
You will also have the opportunity to discover the secrets behind Primitivo, Aglianico and Negroamaro wines, learn about orecchiette, walk the UNESCO villages of Matera and Alberobello, drive through Calabria and swim in pristine Tirreno sea water, and finish on the beautiful island of Sicily where you will fully absorb its flavours, cuisine, dialects, people, and culture.
Day 1: Rome to Amalfi Coast
Day 2: Wine from Irpinia & food from the Amalfi Coast
Day 3: Amalfi, Lemons & Pompeii
Day 4: The real buffalo mozzarella
Day 5: Basilicata & its ancient volcanic winery
Day 6: Extraordinary wine & food in Puglia
Day 7: Matera, Alberobello & Lecce
Day 8: Learn the art of making orecchiette pasta
Day 9: In the Primitivo di Manduria region
Day 10: From Puglia to Calabria
Day 11: From Calabria to Sicily
Day 12: Taormina & volcanic grapes
Day 13: A taste of Ragusa & Modica: chocolate & olive oil
Day 14: The Greek Sicily: Agrigento & the Valle dei Templi
Day 15: Wine & salt: a winning combination
Day 16: Marsala to Palermo: end of tour
- Handpicked hotels with every effort made to choose the best-rated available in tour travel areas
- All breakfasts, plus a variety of lunches or dinners as per tour itinerary
- Comfortable private deluxe mini-coach with a professional licensed driver from tour origination to the final drop-off point
- Use of professional local guides when touring areas of significant historical / artistic / cultural importance
- Friendly tour director who’s at your side for the entire tour and available to answer all your questions
- All entrance fees, applicable taxes (including hotel city taxes) as well as some of the gratuities associated with the tour
- Private winery tours and tastings in the prestigious DOC and DOCG wine appellation areas (Fiano, Falanghina, Greco, Taurasi, Vulture, Nero di Troia and Cerasuolo di Vittoria, among others)
- Sample of limoncello in Amalfi and visit to a typical limoneto with lunch al fresco under the pergola
- Tasting and comparison of Puglia and Sicily extra-virgin olive oils
- Visit to the town of Cetara on the Amalfi Coast and a tasting of 'colatura di alici', a protected slow food gourmet delicacy
- Sample of Mozzarella di Bufala DOP
- Visit to the famous UNESCO site of I Sassi di Matera with an expert local guide
- Hands-on pasta making: orecchiette pugliesi
- Walking tour of the city of Lecce with a local guide
- Visit to Alberobello and the unique Trulli homes
- Walk on the lava and side craters of the Etna volcano
- Many memorable meals in typical trattorie and ristoranti where you will fully absorb the traditional cuisine, customs and lifestyle
- Transfers and accommodations pre- and post-tour
- Any expense incurred for personal items, services or hotel room extras
- Travel insurance, cancellation insurance and medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Save +US$ 201 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Number of nights at each destination: Vietri sul mare (Amalfi coast, Campania): 3 nights Trani (Puglia): 3 nights Lecce (Puglia): 3 nights Amantea (Calabria): 1 night Catania (Sicily): 3 nights Marsala (Sicily): 2 nights