- Enjoy 30 minute walking tour of Rome’s old Jewish Ghetto, stopping at the Teatro Marcello
- Gape at the size of the Circus Maximus, Ancient Rome’s chariot racing arena
- Stroll along the Appian Way, ancient Rome’s greatest road
- Marvel at the ancient aqueducts that once provided running water to all of Rome
The tour starts in one of the most important, but most ignored neighborhoods in the history of Rome: the Jewish Ghetto. Existing since 1555, this neighborhood was integral to the development of regional foods and Roman culture and still contains such landmarks as the Teatro Marcello, a.k.a. the Jewish Colosseum.
Next, we make two quick stops at the famous Mouth of Truth (stick your hand in and tell a lie if you dare) and the giant Circus Maximus, the ancient chariot racing arena. Then we leave the city in search of the most frequented thoroughfare in Ancient Rome, the Appian Way or Via Appia Antica
You’ll stroll down the original paving stones as your expert guide tells stories of the thriving empire that once clogged this great road every day. From the veneration of Emperor Augustus to the crucifixion of Spartacus, this road is played central role in many of Rome’s greatest events.
Just like visitors to Ancient Rome, Your trip outside the walls will take you past the Park of the Aqueducts. Here you can gape at the giant structures that once provided Rome with fresh, running water on demand. You’ll also see the famous Baths of Caracalla which channeled water from the aqueducts into a public bathing area that accommodated over 1,600 people at a time.
Don’t get too busy soaking up all that history, you’ll need to take advantage of a few photo ops. Perhaps the best in the city is the Janiculum hill that’s home to the finest views of Rome. A picture here will be the envy of all your friends.
Along with Rome’s coolest optical illusion and a few other secret gems, we want to show you a part of the city that most visitors never see. With an expert English speaking guide, a driver to chauffer you in an air-conditioned, luxury vehicle, and a small group of no more than 15 people, you’ll really be experiencing the city as an insider.
- Jewish Ghetto walking tour
- Luxury transport between sites
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
● Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.