- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Exploring the fascinating beauty of Rome on foot with an expert guide
- Enjoying a vineyard lunch then climbing Mt Vesuvius
- Visiting the picturesque Isle of Capri
- Tasting local produce wine, cheeses, limoncello
An active immersive week exploring Rome, Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius, the island of Capri and the Amalfi Coast. It's impossible to 'do it all' in one week in Italy, but this trip sure does pack in a lot of highlights in a short amount of time. From the streetscapes of Rome, littered with must-see ancient sites, to the dramatic cliffs and picturesque villages of the idyllic Amalfi Coast, this engaging week of activity will allow you to explore some of Italy's most diverse attractions and landscapes. In the company of an expert local guide you will discover the hidden treasures of Rome, enjoy a typical southern Italian lunch at a family run vineyard, visit a local limoncello producer for a tasty tipple as well as sample the savoury cheeses of Sorrento. Burning off the calories will be easy and fun when you hike to the top of the Mount Vesuvius volcano and take a boat to the beautiful island of Capri to discover and immerse yourself into the local way of life. Surrounded by verdant forests and with sweeping views of the Mediterranean, your base at Agerola is the ideal location to explore the many natural highlights of the Amalfi Coast and nearby Pompeii. In between walks and the scheduled activities, there is always time to simply relax and enjoy the fine hospitality, take a dip in the Mediterranean and sample the variety of delicious local cuisines on offer.
Day 1 : Arrive Rome
Day 2 : Morning cycle at the Via Appia, afternoon guided walking tour of the main sites (4hrs)
Day 3 : Transfer to Herculaneum for vineyard lunch, ascent of Mt Vesuvius (2hrs) & to Agerola
Day 4 : Transfer to Amalfi and boat to Capri, hike (3hrs), return to Agerola
Day 5 : Transfer to Amalfi, walk through the Mulini Valley to Ravello (4hrs)
Day 6 : Transfer to Sorrento, cheese factory visit, continue to Pompeii
Day 7 : Stunning "Path of the Gods" walk from Agerola to Positano (3.5hrs)
Day 8 : Morning transfer to Naples, trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (hotel taxes extra, payable locally - allow €10-15)
- 7 breakfasts, 6 picnic lunches, 6 dinners
- All transfers as per the itinerary using a mix of private or public buses
- English speaking guide
- Guided bike tour in Rome, half day guided walk in Rome
- Guided visits of Sorrento and Pompeii
- Hydrofoil to/from Capri, boat from Positano to Amalfi
- Wine tasting (day 3), pizza making (day 3), gelato tasting (day 5), cheese tasting (day 6) and Limoncello producer visit (day 7)
- Entrance ticket for Vesuvius and Pompeii
- Entrance for Paper Museum in Amalfi (day 5)
- Travel to Rome and from Naples
- Dinner on day 2, lunches on day 1 and 8 and all beverages (except at breakfast)
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Tips - as a guide allow EUR3-5 per person per day - tipping is discretionary
- Hotel taxes which must be paid locally - allow €10-15
- Transfers not noted as included
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 125 today.
- Save US$ 83+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Rome and the Amalfi Coast on Foot tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Rome and the Amalfi Coast on Foot tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Rome and the Amalfi Coast on Foot tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.