Day 1: Italy,Rome
Day 2: Italy,Sorrento,Pompeii
Day 3: Italy,Sorrento
Day 4: Italy,Alberobello
Day 5: Italy,Taormina
Day 6: Italy,Taormina
Day 7: Italy,Syracuse,Agrigento
Day 8: Italy,Cefalu,Palermo
Day 9: Italy,Palermo
Day 10: Italy,Naples
- 8 nights' accommodation in twin share hotel room with private en-suite facilities, 1 night's accommodation in twin share ferry cabin with private en-suite facilities
- Single travelers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room/cabin
- 9 breakfasts, 4 dinners*Vegetarian options available for all meals on request
- Overnight ferry from Palermo to Naples
- Any public transport used as part of the tour days (excludes free days)
- Services of your Expat Explore tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip
- All taxes and fees included
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir â a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip
- Modern air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and toilet onboard
- Any international flights to Rome and from Naples are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Southern Italy Sicily tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Southern Italy Sicily tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Southern Italy Sicily tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Southern Italy Sicily tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Thorough hygiene practices and general health & safety measures has been implemented on this trip to protect against COVID-19.
- Face masks will be compulsory while on the coach, boat and train. Coaches are cleaned and sanitised before the start of each tour and daily cleaning is maintained throughout the tour.
- Traveler are required to carry out responsible social distancing while on the coach and train, during city tours, on visits to landmarks, museums etc.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
What is the best month to visit Italy?
The best time to visit Italy is between the months of April and June as well as from September to October. The weather on the Italian Peninsula during these months is ideal for going out on sightseeing tours, hiking, and exploring treasures stretching from Palermo to the lagoons of Venice. Traveling to Italy during July and August is avoided by many because of the summer heat and crowds, while the period between November to March sees the fewest visitors in big cities. However, these months coincide with the prime skiing season in the Alps, while southern parts of Italy, such as Sicily, remain relatively warm during this time of year. Find more information here.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Is Italy expensive to visit? How do the ATMs work? What currency do they use?
While it is true that Italy is not an expensive destination, it is not exactly a budget destination either. Your vacation funds will go much further in Italy than they would in Scandinavia or the UK, with daily budgets of around USD150 per person sufficient for mid-range travelers who do not want to miss out on any of the country’s most important sights. Most banks have ATM machines (called bancomat) with English language options. All you need to do is look for the US or the UK flag. Plus, most machines accept both Visa and Mastercard. Please keep in mind that you will withdraw your cash in euros, with EUR1 slightly more than its USD equivalent.
- Do I need a visa to travel to Italy?