- Wine tasting tour
- Museum and gallery visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 40
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Rome: Sightsee the local way, with a leisurely passeggiata through the backstreets, where a friend in Rome will explain how modern life takes place, around ancient treasures like the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
- Pisa: Your Local Expert will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site with dedicated time to explore two of the five charming fishing villages.
- Portofino: Get a taste of the 'sweet life' when you visit this elegant fishing village.
Explore the wonders of Italy, as you enter the Vatican Museum in VIP style, visit the fishing villages of the famous Cinque Terre and join an expert vintner for a tasting of Puglia’s most celebrated blends. From picture-perfect Capri to romantic Sicily, discover the very best of Italy.
Day 1: Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome
Day 2: VIP Vatican and Rome with a Local
Day 3: Pisa and Santa Margherita Ligure
Day 4: The Charms of the Cinque Terre
Day 5: Lake Maggiore
Day 6: Onto Venice
Day 7: Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima
Day 8: A Scenic Journey to Florence
Day 9: Florence, Birthplace of the Renaissance
Day 10: Ill-fated Pompeii and on to Sorrento
Day 11: Capri, the Isle of Dreams
Day 12: Sassi di Matera and Alberobello
Day 13: The Trulli of Alberobello
Day 14: Sicily and the Taormina Riviera
Day 15: Taormina and the Dawn Coast of Europe
Day 16: Palermo, Capital of Sicily
Day 17: Depart Palermo
- Rome: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers at a uniquely Roman local restaurant.
- Rome: Taste a nutritious meal at Rome's welcome dinner. The venue adopts a flexiterian philosophy; to them, sustainable consumption and healthy meals is what's important.
- Florence: Enjoy a traditional Bistecca alla Fiorentina steak dinner paired with delicious local wine, a specialty not to be missed.
- Alberobello: Meet your host Alessandro, who will share his philosophy of using only organic, seasonal produce that he grows himself. See nonna making orecchiette pasta, before savouring the fresh flavours of your Farm-to-Table Highlight Dinner.
- Palermo: At a local restaurant, enjoy fresh, rustic dishes served with local wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 16 Breakfast (B), 8 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- Florence: Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo's David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Alberobello: Dine at Trattoria Terra Madre, where owner Alessandra and his nonna have built a restaurant that focuses on sustainability and creating jobs for locals. Everything is grown organically and harvested on site, and excess produce is donated to their community.Trattoria Terra Madre, advances SDG 12: Responsible Consumption & Production. The restaurant sources their produce locally, implements a strategy to reduce their food waste and promotes sustainable agricultural practices.
- Any international flights to Rome and from Palermo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Grand Italy and Sicily tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 186+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Grand Italy and Sicily tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 June 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Grand Italy and Sicily tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Grand Italy and Sicily tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.