- A 17th-century villa built by Cardinal Scipione Borghese specifically to show off his art
- The most beautiful marble sculptures in existence including Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne
- Admire the beauty of one of the sexiest and most scandalous women Pauline Bonaparte
- Bask in the gritty grandeur of Caravaggio’s St. John the Baptist and David and Goliath
Once inside, your expert, English-speaking guide will lead you on a highlight tour of the collection, showing you well-known works like Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne, Rape of Proserpina, and David; Caravaggio’s St. John the Baptist; and Canova’s Pauline Bonaparte; along with lesser-known gems like Raphael’s Lady with a Unicorn; and Bassano’s The Last Supper.
Along the way you will be able to indulge in one of the rarest aesthetic pleasures: Seeing great art in the setting that it was meant to be seen in. Before public art museums this was how the luckiest people in Europe viewed paintings and sculptures and it’s frankly fantastic.
What they often didn’t have was an expert, English-speaking guide to help interpret and give context to the art. Yours brings an incredible passion to the proceedings and will inform you of all the backstories that lend each work depth and nuance. From the quirks of Cardinal Borghese to the heartbreaking story of the commissioning of Raphael’s The Deposition, this is a journey through art like none you have taken before.
- Pre-reserved, all-inclusive Borghese Gallery Tickets
- Expert, English-Speaking guide
- Headsets for groups over 6
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● The Borghese museum does not allow any bags, purses, or cameras into the galleries. All such items must be checked before entering the museum, which your guide will help you with upon arrival.
● Please note that the second floor of the Borghese Gallery is not wheelchair accessible. As a result we are unable to accommodate wheelchair users or guests with reduced mobility on this tour.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.