- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 23
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Practice your dance steps in the birthplace of Tango
- Explore the bars and cafes of Buenos Aires
- Visit the Jesuit ruins at San Ignacio de Mini
- Boat trips, forest hikes and helicopter rides over Iguazu Falls
This trip connects two of South America's most iconic but startlingly different cities, Buenos Aires, the cosmopolitan capital of Argentina and the world's party capital Rio de Janeiro. It travels across the north of Argentina to another icon, the mighty Iguazu Falls.
Entering Brazil, we head to one of the world's most important environmental habitats, the wetlands of the Pantanal. Here we stay on a traditional Brazilian cattle ranch, exploring by horseback with the "Pantaneiros". Further north we continue on to the eco-tourism and outdoor activity capital of Bonito where you have the chance to go snorkelling through the crystal-clear waters of the surrounding rivers.
South of Rio is one of Brazil's prettiest coastlines, the Emerald Coast where we stay in the UNESCO world heritage colonial town of Paraty, to enjoy its relaxed and laid back atmosphere - a real contrast to the vibrance and glamour of Rio.
The areas we visited were varied and complimented the tour well.”
Day 1: Buenos Aires
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Day 3: Yapeyu
Day 4: Foz do Iguacu
Day 5: Foz do Iguacu
Day 6: Foz do Iguacu
Day 7: Bonito
Day 8: Bonito
Day 9: Bonito
Day 10: Pantanal
Day 11: Pantanal
Day 12: Campo Grande
Day 13: Brotas
Day 14: Brotas
Day 15: Paraty
Day 16: Paraty
Day 17: Paraty
Day 18: Rio de Janeiro
Day 19: Rio de Janeiro
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Jeep, Local Bus, Canoe, Boat
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Comfortable Hotel 5 nights
- Camping 9 nights
- Basic Hotel 1 night
- Multishare Hostel 3 nights
- 14 Breakfasts
- 11 Lunches
- 11 Dinner
- Any international flights to Rio de Janeiro and from Buenos Aires are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wetlands, Waterfalls & Wonders tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wetlands, Waterfalls & Wonders tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wetlands, Waterfalls & Wonders tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wetlands, Waterfalls & Wonders tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.