- Visit Michael Jackson’s lookout for magnificent views of Guanabara Bay and Botafogo
- Discover Santa Marta, one of the best favelas of Rio
- Understand the favela’s history and current improvements
- Learn more about favela’s history
It's no secret that Rio de Janeiro is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Blessed with an incredibly stunning natural setting, Rio is famous for just how drop dead gorgeous it is. It's also just as famous for its poverty and often misunderstood shantytowns known as favelas.
This Rio favela tour will give you a local look into the real Rio, from its beautiful vistas to one of its favelas, made famous in Michael Jackson’s ‘They Don’t Care About Us’ music video.
Accompanied by your local guide, step into the Santa Marta favela, and take a walk through the community. Meet locals and hear stories about what life is really like here. Navigate the narrow alleys, learn about local life, and dispel some of the myths surrounding these vibrant communities.
In the heart of it all are some of the most stunning views in the city. We'll take a moment and stop so you can take it all in - Guanabara Bay and Botafogo look best from up here. Now is a great opportunity to reflect on your favela tour and ask your local guide any questions you may have.
You've just experienced the real Rio - there's no turning back now!
- Local english speaking guide and transportation.
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for your local guide.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.