- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- max group size 40
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-1482
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Sao Conrade Beach
- See the Waterfalls and Rainforest trees in Tijuca National Park
- Visit the Christ the Redeemer statue, the symbol of Rio de Janeiro (ticket included)
- Absorb the local atmosphere and vibe in the traditional Santa Teresa neighborhood
The day tour starts with pick up at your hotel or hostel in Rio. You will be met by your guide and driven around on a 14 seat mini bus. Our first stop will be the hang gliding landing area at São Conrado beach where the hang gliders land after they take off from Pedra Bonita. Views from the mountains on the coast are more than amazing, so if you have time we highly suggest you also try the Hang Gliding Expedition while in Rio.
From there, we will take you to the Tijuca National Park and get a glimpse of the greenest tropical forest. This is the best spot to check how nature and urban area can coexist and you’ll see waterfalls, tropical plants and trees as well as the wildlife. Also inside the forest we’ll visit the Chinese View, a amazing outlook with a great sight of the south zone of the city.
After that, we stop for lunch (lunch is not included in the price of the package) in Ipanema, and then we hit the road again, this time to visit the Christ The Redeemer Statue, or as we like to call it, the Big Dude (ticket price is included to the price of the package). Make sure you take enough photos!
After our visit to the Big Dude we will stop in Santa Teresa. This is one of the traditional old neighborhoods of Rio. It still retains much of its original architecture and character of previous years.
At the end of your Rio day tour we will see The Great Madness (Escadaria Selaron) or secret Lapa steps where Snoop Dogg shot his famous video for Beautiful with Pharell.
Finally, you will be offered two options. The first option is to be dropped off at Sugarloaf Mountain (ticket is not included in the package price) in time for sunset – this is an especially romantic time for couples! The second option is to simply be dropped off in front of your hotel or hostel.
OBS: Depending on the time of the year we go first to Big Dude (Christ the Redeemer) to avoid the crowd at the Statue.
- Ticket to the Christ Statue
- Transportation- Minibus (14seats)
- Tour guide
- Pickup included ( Zona Sul only )
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationWear comfortable clothes and sunscreen, and don't forget your camera! We will confirm the exact time of your hotel pick-up by message. Please note that it can be at anytime between 8:00 and 9:30 depending on the location of your hotel. Please send your full address in Rio.