- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 39 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the Vidigal favela on a residentled tour.
- Stare in awe at Iguassu Falls.
- Search for wildlife in the Brazilian Pantanal.
- Spend three days exploring Salar de Uyuni by 4x4.
From the sands of Copacabana to the heights of the Bolivian Andes, this incredible 39-day journey will introduce you to the diverse landscape and people of South America. Explore the wetlands of the Pantanal and the bizarre landscape of Salar de Uyuni, and revel in the mists of thundering Iguassu Falls. Gain greater insight into the culture on the region’s public buses and meet locals from the rural towns along the way for an immersive experience that few travellers have. Get off the beaten path and experience Peru, Brazil, and Bolivia — a vibrant cross-section of South America.
Day 1: Rio de Janeiro
Day 2: Rio de Janeiro
Day 3: Rio de Janeiro/Ilha Grande
Day 4: Ilha Grande
Day 5: Ilha Grande/Paraty
Day 6: Paraty
Day 7: Paraty
Day 8: Paraty/Iguaçu Falls
Day 9: Iguaçu Falls
Day 10: Iguaçu Falls/Bonito
Day 11: Bonito
Day 12: Bonito/Pantanal
Day 13: Pantanal
Day 14: Pantanal/Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Day 15: Santa Cruz de la Sierra/Sucre
Day 16: Sucre
Day 17: Sucre
Day 18: Sucre
Day 19: Sucre/Potosí
Day 20: Potosí/Uyuni
Day 21: Uyuni/Salt Flats
Day 22: Salt Flats
Day 23: Salt Flats/Uyuni
Day 24: La Paz
Day 25: La Paz
Day 26: La Paz
Day 27: La Paz/Puno
Day 28: Puno/Lake Titicaca
Day 29: Lake Titicaca/Puno
Day 30: Puno/Cusco
Day 31: Cusco
Day 32: Cusco/Ollantaytambo
Day 33: Inca Trail
Day 34: Inca Trail
Day 35: Inca Trail
Day 36: Machu Picchu/Cusco
Day 37: Cusco
Day 38: Cusco/Lima
Day 39: Lima
- Hotels (26 nts), overnight buses (4 nts), camping (3 nts), homestay (1 nt), basic hotels on Salar de Uyuni excursion (2 nts, multi-share), tented room with hammocks in the Pantanal (2 nts, multi-share).
33 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 8 dinners
Note: Allow USD1145-1490 for meals not included.
- Public bus, plane, 4x4 vehicle, train, walking, hiking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, specialist Inca Trail CEO on hike, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Favela Experience, Rio de Janeiro
- Your G for Good Moment: Jukil Community Experience & Lodge, Santiago de Agencha
- Your G for Good Moment: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Ccaccaccollo
- Your G for Good Moment: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay
- Your G for Good Moment: Handmade Biodegradable Soap Products
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Ilha Grande
- Your Discover Moment: Paraty
- Your Discover Moment: Bonito
- Your Discover Moment: Sucre
- Your Local Living Moment: Lake Titicaca Homestay, Lake Titicaca
- Your Discover Moment: Cusco
- Iguassu Falls visit (Brazil and Argentina)
- Pantanal wildlife excursion (2 days)
- 4x4 excursion to Salar de Uyuni (Uyuni Salt Flats) (3 days)
- Floating islands of Uros visit
- Lake Titicaca guided tour
- Sacred Valley guided tour
- Pottery making demonstration
- Ollantaytambo storehouse ruins and hike
- Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters (4 days)
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Rio de Janeiro and from Lima are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Cross Westbound - Rio to Lima tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 259 today.
- Save US$ 172+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Cross Westbound - Rio to Lima tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Cross Westbound - Rio to Lima tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Cross Westbound - Rio to Lima tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.