- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-5679
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, Portuguese
- Get a glimpse of the urban art scene in various Rio neighborhoods
- Visit the Guinness Book's largest street mural at Olimpic Blvd
- Feast your eyes on the best street art in Rio
Your first visit will be at the Selaron Steps, with artwork done by a Chilean artists. It is a huge mosaic with tiles from different part of the world spanning 400 steps in Lapa area, also known as "The Great Madness".
Your second spot will at Praça Mauá. The square marks the beginning of Avenida Rio Branco Avenue and also of the Port Region, the central area of Rio. Around the square are important buildings, such as the Rio Art Museum (MAR) and the Museum of Tomorrow.
From there you will walk by the Olympic Boulevard to see all the new different art works in the area, including the very large (it’s in the Guinness Book of Records!) 3,000-square-meter ‘Etnias’ mural.
Finally, you'll go to the Pedra do Sal. Originally a slave village, Pedra do Sal is a place with special significance for Cariocas of African descent and fans of samba and choro music. It’s a culturally rich area, full of art, and definitely worth a visit and stopping by for a cold beer!
Your guide will walk you back to the subway station and show you where you need to get off to return to your accommodation. For those staying in the center of the city the guide will give you the best tips for bars, restaurants and museums if you want to explore the area after the tour.
- English-speaking tour guide (specialist in urban arts)
- All tickets for the Metro and Tram (round trip)
- Food & Beverages
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationComfortable walking shoes are recommended Minimum numbers apply: Minimum 2 people. Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions Not recommended for participants with back problems