- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All necessary equipment included
This hiking tour takes place inside the C sector of Tijuca National Park, which means that you are within the Rio de Janeiro Atlantic Rainforest, so you have great chances to encounter wild animals during the hike.
You will take a traditional trail to Pedra da Gavea of about two and a half hours to reach the top. The hike is steep and has several natural obstacles that must be overcome. There is some basic rock climbing section called Carrasqueira, but no previous experience is necessary here as your guide will help you using all the safety techniques and procedures necessary.
The descent is made by a technique similar to rappelling, but the guide is the one who controls the equipment and the descent. This allows for more comfort and safety. You just need to relax, enjoy and take lots of photos.
The climate is hot and humid, making the Pedra da Gavea hike an excellent exercise. If you have an adventurer's soul and want to see Rio de Janeiro seen from above, this is the tour you are looking for.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Private tour
- Equipment for use in the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A high amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, water, sunscreen and insect repellent
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.