- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12-79 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-2100
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- OnceinaLifetime Experience
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All necessary equipment included
This hiking tour takes place inside the sector C of Tijuca National Park, which means that you are within the Rio de Janeiro Atlantic Rainforest, so you have great chances to encounter wild animals during the hike.
You will take a traditional trail to Pedra da Gavea of about two and a half hours to reach the top. The hike is steep and has several natural obstacles that must be overcome. There is some basic rock climbing section called Carrasqueira, but no previous experience is necessary here as your guide will help you using all the safety techniques and procedures necessary.
The descent is made by a technique similar to rappelling, but the guide is the one who controls the equipment and the descent. This allows for more comfort and safety. You just need to relax, enjoy and take lots of photos.
The climate is hot and humid, making the Pedra da Gavea hike an excellent exercise. If you have an adventurer's soul and want to see Rio de Janeiro seen from above, this is the tour you are looking for.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Equipment for use in the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationConfirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability Minimum age is 12 years old Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions A high amount of walking is involved Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund It is recommended that you bring comfortable shoes with good grip, a light snack, water, sunscreen and insect repellent